Top 10 Technical Skills You Need
The labor market is a reflection of the society in which we live and, without a doubt, we are living in a technological age. Even though necessities change while technology advances, these are the 10 most in-demand skills for companies in 2017:
- Business intelligence/analytics: Companies want to get as much as possible from their data in order to gain a competitive edge. This way, companies require tech professionals who can turn data into knowledge, thereby understanding the purchasing patterns and the trends of the sector.
- Project management: A good project manager needs three skills: an in-depth knowledge of the projects he oversees (especially if it’s regarding a technological solution), the ability to lead teams, and good communication skills.
- Big data: Companies are inundated with information obtained from various sources, and so they need experienced people who are able to extract specific information and value from the wealth of structured and unstructured data they have acquired. Above all, they are looking for professionals with experience in specific technologies, such as Hadoop and Oracle. In addition, engineers and architects who have a working knowledge of computer languages focused on Big Data, such as Scala, are also in demand.
- IT security: In a connected world, the biggest threats to companies are arising from the digital world. For this reason, IT security professionals are in high demand, not only to provide the best security solutions, but also to train the rest of the staff on best practices.
- Database management: The top database administrators are able to draw on a variety of skills, such as data modelling, database design, or the capacity to get the best performance and integrity from the data. What’s more, for this type of role it will be more and more important to understand how users decide to enter their information and make this process simpler.
- Experts in cloud and SaaS: Over the years we have seen how companies upload more and more infrastructure on the cloud. As there is not only one type of profile for this type of task, companies are seeking cloud architects and software engineers with experience in the cloud or AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Mobile apps and digital management: In a world that doesn’t stop looking at their mobiles, companies are looking to strengthen in this area through professionals who know how to transfer the experience of their products and services to mobiles of potential customers. In this sense, developers and experts in UX and UI are the most sought-after profiles.
- Developers and programmers: This is one of the most in demand profiles in the IT world. Businesses still need to develop proprietary software and applications. In addition, these tools need to be maintained and updated and so these specific profiles are in continued demand.
- Help desk/Technical support: Technical support staff are still in high demand, especially as a result of the large amount of technology that companies work with on a daily basis. Candidates are often required to have extensive knowledge on various hardware and software systems to ensure that they can handle all requests throughout the organization.
Can you picture yourself working in any of the specialized roles above in the near future? Fantastic! But let’s go into detail a little more. What if we imagined the technological sector of the future?
There are no job results within your geolocated area. If you’d like to look at other opportunities:View All of Our Available Opportunities