Procter & Gamble (P&G) would like to invite current and recently graduated Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology Ph.D. students to participate in our upcoming I/O Business Challenge. Our purpose is to bring together a team of students from I/O Psychology Ph.D. programs across the U.S. to apply your I/O expertise and external perspectives to solve a business challenge at P&G.
SEPTEMBER 24 - 27TH, 2019
P&G Corporate Headquarters - Cincinnati, OH
What would I do?
Think of it like a case study, but the problem is real, and strong solutions will be implemented. P&G’s I/O group and relevant stakeholders will brief the I/O Business Challenge team on the first day. As a team, you will work together throughout the week to investigate the problem and recommend a solution. On the last day, you will present your solution to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
What type of problems could I solve?
Your project could involve any area that P&G’s I/O group faces, such as:
- Employee Selection, Testing/Assessments
- Workforce/People Analytics & Operations
- Engagement Survey, Organization Sensing, Employee Experience
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership Development and Succession Planning
- Performance Management and Rewards/Compensation
- Learning & Development/Training
- Strategy, Organizational Culture, and Change Management
Why Ph.D. students?
- To keep P&G solutions connected to the cutting edge of I/O science and external perspective.
- To scout top I/O talent to fill upcoming internship and full-time positions within P&G’s Global Talent team. Students will have the opportunity to interview while on site.
- To give students a realistic job preview of I/O work at P&G and expose them to the challenges the Talent team tackles.
Date: September 24-27, 2019
Location: P&G Corporate Headquarters - Cincinnati, OH
Schedule: You will be sent a schedule ahead of the trip, which includes your hotel, meetings, dinners, and even some fun activities to get to know your team and P&G’s I/O Psychologists.
Expenses: P&G will pay for all expenses, including transportation, accommodation, meals, and activities during the I/O Business Challenge.
The Procter & Gamble Company
1 P&G Plaza, Cincinnati, OH 45202