BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Senior Product Development Engineer, Charmin Site
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Charmin is a 2-billion-dollar brand and the Charmin organization is driving significant new innovation for the Family Care Business via a range of product initiatives. We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced engineer to join our organization as a Senior Product Development Engineer, at our Charmin Hubsite in our Albany, GA Manufacturing Plant. You will act as the Initiative Development Engineer on site. You will lead the scale up and across processes to support key Charmin initiatives that are critical to the success of FY 21/22 and beyond.
The Charmin Hubsite partners with the seamless technical community, including R&D and engineering teams to ensure seamless process development, scale-up, scale across, through initiative launch. We are looking for someone to lead initiative delivery to develop robust processes and seamlessly roll out initiatives to the 6 production sites. The bulk of the work is the installation of new equipment and training others on the equipment and processes. You will work on approximately 1-2 initiatives at any given time. A passion for teaching and training others will be important for the person in this role.
- You will be involved with plant trials, validation, and writing training documentation.
- In addition to equipment installation, there may be opportunities in this role to design the equipment as well.
- Set and influence the strategic direction of the engineering work in the converting technology area including Project Management to Technical Leadership.
- Acquires and applies advanced technical expertise in the field of converting technologies such as web-handling, cutting, bonding, discrete patch placement, solid state formation, winding, adhesive or performance or fluid application and connects and networks across business units.
- Delivers visible business benefits through engineering solutions in the converting technology typically at project level within a category or business unit across organizational boundaries.
- Innovates to provide discontinuous solutions or deliver projects according to success criteria and counsel management on developments in web converting technology.
- Owns, coaches and trains converting process technology as well as serve as mentor and key technical resource to other technologists.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a strong leader that can execute converting process development and scale-up/across, ensuring product meets consumer requirements and can be manufactured robustly across all production sites.
- Is a passionate and curious problem solver who can manage end to end from delivery and support, including issue resolution through national launch.
- Is a team player and collaborative as you will work across functions in this role.
- Has experience identifying risks across the manufacturing fleet and develop plans to mitigate.
- Enjoys being challenged with new problems and figuring out how to solve them.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical).
- Located near Albany, GA site or ability to relocate here.
- Ability to travel 30-40% in this role.
- 4-15 years of experience in the engineering field.
- Product, process or delivery engineer experience
- Experience installing or designing equipment
- Prior experience in assembled products process development and with web handling and/or paper making development is a bonus.
- Have solid knowledge of key process work elements and able to provide input to learning plans. Ability to train others on processes.
- Experience in assembled product processes development.
- Have strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Ability to clearly/ concisely present information at multi-functional team meetings and experience working to align leadership to achieve project success.
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: