Begin a meaningful career right here
Materials, Process, & Delivery (Packaging Manager)
Meaningful work on Day 1 From day 1, you will be a key member of the Andover site MPD (Materials, Process, and Delivery) Engineering team. The MPD Packaging Engineer will have a lead role in developing and optimizing new packaging for our open stock, customization, and e-commerce portfolios. Key Areas of focus will include 1) Initiative Support, 2) Cost-Savings, 3) Quality, 4) Supplier Capability, and 5) Growing Packaging Capability/ Technologies. You will gain experience working with multiple P&G business units. Our site is known for developing creative low-cost manufacturing solutions, and we are excited to add new talent. As a MPD Packaging Engineer, you will:.
- Initiatives- Lead packaging resource on Initiative delivery teams, collaborating with Operations, R&D/GMPD, and Engineering counterparts in establishing design, artwork and delivery criteria for start-up and ongoing production.
- Specification & Standards – Work with key vendors and operations teams in the development and optimization of new specifications and standards
- Problem Solving - Lead investigation and resolution of Out of Specification (OOS) Materials
- Simplification and Standardization-Standardize work processes and drive digitization opportunities
- Cost Savings - Develops and executes cost savings/avoidance projects in collaboration with site resources and global technical partners.
- Materials Development- Partner with R&D to drive sustainability in operations and materials.
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in: Packaging sciences, Package Engineering, Package Design, Material Science Information (will consider Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, with relevant experience in packaging).
The following skills will help you be successful:
- 3-5 years of packing experience (will consider up to 9 years).
- Technical Mastery: You should have technical mastery or curiosity in packaging technologies (examples include thermoforming, folding cartons, etc.).
- Builds Diverse and Collaborative Relationships: Development of relationships will be critical to your success in supporting the business. You will need to establish positive and productive working relationships to lead, integrate, and focus a multi-functional team.
- Leadership: Ability to set technical direction, balance competing priorities, manage conflict, to deliver multiple packing project across multiple lines.
- Innovation: Ability to innovate as well as reapply proven solutions.
- Priority Setting: Manage tasks across multiple projects. Ability to juggle multiple priorities, and to be able to adapt to change.
- Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, constructively, and timely with cross functional team members and leadership.
Just so you know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.MFG00007177
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: