Microbiology and Analytical Lab Technician
Are you passionate about connecting with consumers through the products that you help to manufacture? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Lab Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will be keeping quality systems operating, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including working within a dynamic and highly skilled group you will develop the required skills and knowledge to be successful. The daily work consists of a variety of testing, calibrations and improvement work in the to ensure uninterrupted continuity of the facility, manufacturing, support systems and processes throughout the facility to drive continuous improvement through loss elimination and root cause problem solving.. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We do various types of work under minimal supervision including, raw material testing, quality control of media tests, organism identification and calibration of test equipment and ensures timely reporting and corrective action. You will be constantly learning, growing, and improving and will play a meaningful role in the future of our brands.
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job.
- Practical laboratory skills and good aseptic techniques.
- Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Display strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Collaborate and build relationships
- Ownership to report critical issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Andover Procter & Gamble Plant operates 5-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you are:
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a 2 or 4 year degree in Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry
- Have at least 1-3 years of laboratory experience
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Willing to work rotating shifts
Preferred work experience or certifications:
- Have a strong knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices
Just so you know:
- Relocation is generally not paid
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: