BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Quality Lab Technician
Are you passionate about connecting with consumers through the products that you help to manufacture? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? The Andover Plant is a Global Shave Prep site (Gillette) which houses Manufacturing, Engineering and some R&D operations is looking for great teammates. Working within a dynamic and highly skilled group you will develop the required skills and knowledge to be successful. The daily work consists of a variety of testing, calibrations and improvement work in the to ensure uninterrupted continuity of the facility, manufacturing, support systems and processes throughout the facility to drive continuous improvement through loss elimination and root cause problem solving.
What will I do?
We do various types of work under minimal supervision including, raw material and finished product analytical and micro testing, quality control of media tests, organism identification and calibration of test equipment and ensures timely reporting and corrective action. Our technicians are constantly learning, growing, and improving. You will play a meaningful role in the future of our brands. You should have practical laboratory skills and good aseptic techniques.
You are responsible for keeping quality systems operating, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. You are expected to get involved, take charge of situations and confront business-related problems.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- A safe and diverse work environment
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing and Laboratory Practices
- Will wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience preferred
- Are fluent in reading, writing and communicating in English, specifically with reading and writing procedures and reports
- Have good computer skills, including file and directory creation, email and Microsoft Office
- Show leadership: demonstrate ability to collaborate and build relationships with all levels of the organization, inside and outside of the laboratories and QA area
- Are able take ownership and successfully improve and track Daily Management Systems, Lab Excellence, Data Integrity, etc.to document and report to Management on critical issues.
The Andover Procter & Gamble Plant operates on a standard 7-day work week. Technicians may be required to work overtime including weekends as needed. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the Plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. You may be scheduled to work an 8-hour shift (day or night). Technicians should be willing to work any shift, if possible, shift preferences are taken into consideration, but all employees are expected to be willing to work any shift as needed.
In order to perform the work described above in our manufacturing atmosphere, Microbiology and Analytical Lab Technicians use basic lab equipment; lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend; and stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time. Further, our technicians have and are able to display skills in Quality control processes, including operating, maintaining calibrating and cleaning automated equipment; maintaining accurate records and data; have strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; and knowledge of computers. Additionally, the safety of our people is of great importance to us. Technicians are asked to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, ear protection, eye protection and other job-related safety protection.
Just so you know:
- You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: