Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Facilities Technician
Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? We are looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and can help keep us running smoothly.
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plant, Senior Facilities Technicians are vital to supporting our Plant systems. The Andover Plant is a Global Shave Prep site (Gillette) which houses Manufacturing, Customization, Engineering, and some R&D operations. Working within a dynamic and highly skilled group you will develop the required skills and knowledge to be successful.
As a Senior Facilities Technician, your work will consist of a variety of maintenances and improvements to ensure uninterrupted continuity of the manufacturing facility, support systems, and processes. You will drive continuous improvement through loss elimination and root cause problem solving. Facilities Technicians do various types of work under minimal supervision including: complex installations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of control pumps, compressors, and related equipment. Technicians locate and diagnose complex equipment failure including mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic control system, and ensure timely corrective action. Facilities Technicians are responsible for keeping utility systems operating, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. We want you to get involved, take charge of situations, and confront business-related problems.
We offer you opportunities to advance as you demonstrate growing levels of leadership and technical skills.
We are seeking individuals with the following qualities:
- 3 or more years of experience in relevant Facilities work OR one or more of the following Massachusetts State licenses: Electrician, Pipefitter, Plumbing, HVAC, Wastewater, Fireman
- Knowledge in: Mechanical Systems, Electrical Theory and Troubleshooting, Plumbing and Piping, Compressed Air Systems, HVAC Systems, Purified Water Systems, and Wastewater Systems
- Strong technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work hands-on and desire to interact with equipment and learn mechanical skills
- Basic competence in computer skills
- A positive attitude, a strong sense of ownership in your work, and a high level of integrity
- Ability and willingness to work any shift depending on business need
We offer you:
- An impactful career path, with daily influence on the production and quality of our products
- Continuous coaching - you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your coach and manager
- Opportunity for advancement - we value and invest in our people. We have a clear pay and progression system that enables you to advance based on your newly acquired skills
- A competitive compensation package (including profit sharing/401K, and health insurance starting day 1) and great on-site perks (free parking, on-site fitness center, and on-site Medical)
- A diverse, multifaceted, and fast paced work environment passionate about safety and quality
The Procter & Gamble Andover Plant currently operate on a 7-day week schedule. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work on fixed shift schedules throughout the week (shift schedule depends on the site and department you are placed in). Technicians are expected to be willing to work any shift, day or night. Additional days may be required to be worked as overtime, including work on weekends, which may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the Plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or schedule.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Able to wear required safety personal protective equipment (Eye Protection, Ear Protection, Safety Shoes, etc.)
- Able to stand/walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time
We believe you will be a good fit here if, you:
- Are able and willing to work any shift
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have at least a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education, completion/certification of formal training in Facilities or Utility trade. An Associate Degree or higher would be preferred.
- Have 3+ years of experience in relevant Facilities work OR one or more of the following Massachusetts State licenses: Electrician, Pipefitter, Plumbing, HVAC, Wastewater, Fireman
Just so you know:
Relocation is generally not paid.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: