LegaL Function - Senior Counsel - Beijing, China
This position is for a Counsel (patent attorney + licensed as general law attorney) in Procter & Gamble’s Asia Legal organization. The position is located at P&G’s Beijing Innovation Center and supports the company’s expanding R&D operations in Beijing. We are expecting the candidate is currently living in mainland China. The successful candidate will have independent responsibility for a given technology area within the company’s overall Asia operations. The role requires technical mastery in the area of patent law. A Counsel is expected to identify connections among legal theories, business problems, the external legal environment, and overall risk management in the intellectual property (IP) area. This is accomplished through intellectual property client counseling and related services such as patent application preparation & prosecution, agreements, freedom to practice opinions, agreement preparation and negotiation, providing support for IP enforcement, training for P&G personnel IP / patent matters, and compliance.
Position has a focus on patents and is likely tied to a business unit of the company.
Serve as the single point of contact for a select group of R&D clients within Asia.
- BS, MS, and/or PhD in technical field from university. Suitable fields include life sciences, chemistry, engineering, etc.
- Local or foreign patent certification (e.g., Chinese patent attorney).
- Local or foreign attorney-at-law certification (e.g., Chinese bar examination).
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in patent law (i.e., at a law firm or a multinational company).
- Patent preparation/prosecution, infringement opinions, IP enforcement, agreement drafting & negotiation, licensing are all considered relevant prior experience.
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to work individually and on a team.
- An ability to communicate and present information clearly and concisely, and to make presentations and recommendations to business management on areas of risk and situation management.
- Additional IP and/or commercial experience is advantageous.
- Position is for a local position in Beijing, China with expectation of having/developing regional expertise. ·Will involve global interaction with legal, business, and technical counterparts and colleagues.
- Must be authorized to live and work permanently in China for P&G’s local Beijing entity.
- High level of English proficiency is required as evidenced in written form and oral communication skills. All communications and work products are executed in English, e.g., patent applications.
- Native level ability in Mandarin.
Please kindly input your name in both Chinese characters and Pinyin when you fill in the form. Thank you!
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: