BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Under minimal direction, the CNC Class A Machinist will program, set-up, and operate multiple Mazak CNC vertical milling machines using GD&T blueprints, 3D solid models, and/or written and graphical information supplied from a CAD/CAM system. Setup, monitor and maintain tooling during job runs. Load, inspect, and run tooling and programs to a high complexity (+/- .0005”). Perform in-process inspection and document results. Follow systems processes for job tracking and recording. Expected to support the daily activities of the Group Leader in delivering daily results.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the highest quality products are produced on time and at the lowest attainable cost by utilizing standardized tools, creation of standards and building capability.
- Working from CAD/CAM files, engineering drawings, sketches and or verbal instructions to perform highly diversified CNC operations to specifications.
- Creating and editing semi-complex programs using CAD/CAM systems and machine controllers.
- Assisting in training workforce in proper setup and use of equipment/systems.
- Recognizing and reporting any inadequacies in prints, materials and route sheets in order to be corrected.
- Maintaining I-Quality standards related to work procedures and tool/machine maintenance.
Assets for this Position:
- 5+ years of CNC machinist background preferred.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, elementary mechanics, machining methods, cutting qualities of materials, proper speeds and feeds.
- Experience with machining steels of various grades and hardness.
- Ability to work to +/-.0005.
- Ability to read, understand, and program in G-Code format. Mazak-control background preferred.
- Ability to use a computer, to work from complicated drawings and/or verbal communication in the assembly of components.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.
In order to perform the work described above in our manufacturing atmosphere, plant technicians use basic hand and power tools; lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend; enter confined spaces; and stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time. Further, technicians have and are able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment; maintaining accurate records and data; strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; and knowledge of computers. Additionally, the safety of Technicians is of great importance to Procter & Gamble. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, ear protection, and eye protection.
Relocation packages will be considered for the proper candidate.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Be willing to wear safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection.
Starting Pay / Salary Range: $30-$40 per hour
Compensation for roles at P&G varies depending on a wide array of non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, degree/credentials, relevant skill set, and level of relevant experience. At P&G compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Total rewards at P&G include salary + bonus (if applicable) + benefits. Your recruiter may be able to share more about our total rewards offerings and the specific salary range for the relevant location(s) during the hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States Job Type: Full time Job categories: Manufacturing Req No: R000012471
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.