Begin a meaningful career right here
Machine Tool Operations Apprentice
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, Machine Tool Operations Apprentice are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As an apprentice, you will work on a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
MEANINGFUL WORK ON DAY 1
We do various types of work, including running high-speed converting and packing equipment, controlling the process from a computer terminal, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
WE OFFER YOU:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- Maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Known for providing a safe work environment
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job:
- Abilityto display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Displaying strong technical, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
- A background in machine shop technologies
- Knowledge of blueprint reading
- Understanding of shop related math
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
The Machine Tool Operations Apprentice consists of four intensive years of all-around training in all areas of tool making and conventional soft machining, CNC Machining, hard machining, heat treatment, precision grinding, precision ram EDM, precision wire EDM, mold making, die making, electrode manufacturing, proto-typing, machine assembly and debug, planning, quality and metrology. The MTO Machinist Apprentice consists of 8,000 hours duration in accordance with state apprenticeship guidelines, or approximately four years on the job training supplemented by related evening courses (600 hours of class training throughout duration of apprenticeship). Upon completion of the Apprentice Program, the graduate will be promoted to the Associate level within the Machine Tool Operations Organization.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: