Manufacturing - Control Room Operator Technician
The Gillette World Shaving Headquarters in So. Boston, Ma. Is hiring for licensed Second Class Engineer Control Room Operators to work in our power generation facility. They will work as owners and Leaders of their shift and equipment. Control Room Operators do various types of work, operating and maintaining power generation equipment, including: 7.2 MW Co-generation combined Cycle, Steam turbines, boilers, chillers, compressed air, vacuum and process water systems. These systems are critical to the manufacturing process.
The South Boston Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. Control Room Operators work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of their normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Control Room Operators must be willing to rotate and to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Possess a current Commonwealth of Massachusetts 2nd Class Engineering License, at minimum. License requirements must be maintained
- Demonstrate good understanding of and experience in compressed air systems, chillers, turbines, boilers, RO, sea water/process water/waste water systems
- Have at least 3 year's experience in operations and/or maintenance of major power plant equipment
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: