BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Mold & Die Technician
Working behind the scenes in our manufacturing plants, machinist are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a machinist, you will load, inspect, and run tooling and programs to a high complexity. You will do various types of work including set-up and operation of multiple CNC and lathe machines, using GD&T blueprints/ 3D solid models, loading, inspecting, and running tooling and programs to a high complexity (+/- .0005”), and performing in-process inspections.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Producing the highest quality products on time and at the lowest attainable cost by utilizing standardized tools, creation of standards and building capability
- Working from CAD/CAM files, engineering drawings, sketches and or verbal instructions to perform highly diversified CNC operations to specifications
- Building and editing semi-complex programs using CAD/CAM systems and machine controllers
- Assisting in training workforce in proper setup and use of equipment/systems
- Correcting any inadequacies in prints, materials and route sheets
- Maintaining I-Quality standards related to work procedures and tool/machine maintenance
We offer you:
- An impactful career path, with daily influence on the production and quality of our products
- Continuous coaching - you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your coach and manager
- Opportunity for advancement - we value and invest in our people. We have a clear pay and progression system that enables you to advance based on your newly acquired skills
- A competitive compensation package (including profit sharing/401K, and health insurance starting day 1) and great on-site perks (free parking, on-site fitness center, and on-site Medical)
- A diverse, multifaceted, and fast paced work environment passionate about safety and quality
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, elementary mechanics, machining methods, cutting qualities of materials, proper speeds and feeds
- CNC machinist background or schooling preferred
- Experience with machining steels of various grades and hardness
- Ability to work to +/-.0005
- Ability to use a computer, to work from complicated models & drawings and/or verbal communication in the assembly of components
- Ability to use measuring equipment (i.e. Micrometers, Gauges, and Indicators)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Are willing to wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes)
- Are willing to work any shift assigned
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping
- Enter confined spaces
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
Just so you know:
The Boston Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week. We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Technicians work any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the Technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Technicians are expected to be willing to work any shift. Additional days could be required to be worked as overtime.
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
· Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
· Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
· Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: