Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Industrial Designer, Gillette
Have you ever found yourself crafting new ideas from insights around you? Do you see beauty in the form and function of products on the store shelf?
We do too! Join us at the largest consumer products company in the world. Our brands touch the lives of consumers around the globe 4 billion times a day. We are seeking an industrial designer to join our Gillette and Braun global grooming design studio, located in the heart of dynamic Boston.
Gillette is a highly recognized design organization with billion-dollar brand successes (Mach3, Fusion, Venus). As Industrial Designers, we share a passion in truly understanding consumer needs and uncovering insights that translate into a loved end to end product experience.
You will work on a cross functional team driving deep consumer insights into extraordinary design solutions. As a member of our team you will craft robust design strategies that address the needs of our consumers while your executional excellence will be challenged to maintain design intent through high speed manufacturing constraints.
Your leadership will be used to influence the business by pushing modern aesthetically and functionally driven industrial design, challenge business paradigms and acting as a partner to drive brand equity consistency in all design executions; handle form architecture, structural packaging, CMF, etc.
Together, we will bring concepts to life that improve consumers' lives.
- BS/BA in Industrial Design or similar discipline (or equivalent)
- Software fluency in the latest graphics and business programs: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Strong professional working knowledge of CAD systems (e.g. Rhino, Solid Works, Creo) and rendering software (KeyShot)
- A portfolio that will be assessed on creative excellence, contemporary 3D form development, storytelling, problem solving and technical ability.
- A sense for trends and real passion for product concepts and design
- A case study that demonstrates design process is important.
- Strong design mastery and ability to solve problems using design skills as shown in a portfolio with 5-10 years industry experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with key manufacturing processes (blow molding, injection molding, etc).
- Exceptional teamwork skills through examples. Ability to engage and influence across partners.
- Experience understanding end user and human factors, crafting blue-sky concepts, challenging paradigms and working towards excellence in form, architecture, pack shape, color, material, and finish.
- Strong leadership skills and the potential to lead initiatives and handle complexity with excellence. Examples of discipline, time and project management skills; possess the ability to set priorities and be accountable; and successfully navigate project complexities to lead the work from conceptual start to final design delivery.
- Use of empathy and non-linear thinking: Ought to be able to see the consumer as a person and ideate solutions with the consumer in mind.
- Online delivery allows 24/7 access
- Take as much time as needed to complete – most applicants take about 20 minutes to complet
- Available in over 20 languages
- You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this position
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed
Qualifies for Overtime: No
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: