Begin a meaningful career right here
Environmental Scientist – PhD (M/F/X)
Are you looking to start an exciting career?
We are seeking a Ph.D. level environmental scientist to work in Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) as part of our Global Product Stewardship (GPS) organization located at our Brussels Innovation Centre, an inspiring centre of excellence that delivers R&D innovations for the Global markets.
Are you ready for the challenge? “Do something that matters”!
ESS is a functional organization responsible for broadly supporting the environmental safety and sustainability programs for the Company. P&G has an exceptional history of leading the development of applied environmental science, environmental stewardship and sustainability.
With us you will:
- Build and maintain technical capability in key environmental expertise areas such as environmental risk assessment, fate and effects assessment.
- Guide and support P&G business categories, new technologies and innovation initiatives.
- Leverage expertise to facilitate external to P&G activities that build and protect corporate reputation and enable responsible growth and innovation.
- Join a team of environmental scientists passionate about the evaluation of the biodegradability and environmental fate of consumer and personal care product ingredients that leverage laboratory, field, and modeling capabilities.
Founded in 1962 within the laundry business, the environmental organization was formalized in 1971 as the Environmental Safety Department (ESD), and the later organizations, have led development of environmental fate testing, exposure modeling, environmental effects and life cycle assessment methodologies.
P&G is a founding organization and charter member of SETAC, the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, and works frequently with government, academic, and non-governmental organizations to advance environmental safety and sustainability sciences.
What can we offer you?
At P&G, Day 1 starts with you making an impact on the world, P&G brands, and your career. You’ll be at the core of breakthrough innovations, be given exciting assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility. Also, we provide creative work spaces where new ideas flourish. All the while, we will offer you extraordinary training and development to help you become a leader in your field.
And it’s not just about what you will do, but how we will make you feel: welcomed, valued, purposeful, challenged, heard, and supported. You will be joining a product safety and sustainability organization of over 500 professionals globally. The environmental function publishes frequently with nearly 800 publications in the peer reviewed literature since its inception.
- PhD in environmental engineering (with or without post-doctoral experience).
- In-depth knowledge in the evaluation of chemical biodegradation and persistence.
- Working knowledge in allied fields such as environmental chemistry, microbiology, exposure modeling, and analytical chemistry is beneficial. - Laboratory experience utilizing different methods to evaluate chemical biodegradability.
- Ability to leverage environmental science expertise for complex persistence assessments of chemicals in an industrial, government, and/or academic setting with strong knowledge of regulatory frameworks for persistence assessments.
- Experience working with trade associations, regulators, and industry partners in collaborative setting to drive synthesis of ideas and move science forward.
- Strong communication and partnership skills to enable seamless collaboration with customers and stakeholders inside and outside the Company.
Just so you know:
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we have built this company into world’s largest consumer goods firm and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have a deep understanding of our market and strive to deliver innovation to our consumers.
We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship. We believe insight, innovation and passion of hardworking teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: