Strategic Purchasing - Purchasing Manager in Brussels - Belgium (m/f)
Are you intrigued by the idea to develop and negotiate great sourcing deals to create extraordinary deals for our suppliers and our Company?
Procter & Gamble spends more than $40 billion/year in goods and services to produce some of the best consumer products in the world.
As a manager in Purchasing you will belong to a critical discipline within the Product Supply organization, controlling the Company's spend on items ranging from raw & packaging materials, from equipment to marketing services, to software and outsourced manufacturing services, while guaranteeing a meaningful learning environment across industries and sectors.
P&G’s Strategic Sourcing leaders are commercial leaders found at the forefront of supply-chain activities, managing P&G’s expenditure and bringing the outside in. Whether for knowledge, innovation or methodologies, Purchases people are the eyes and ears of the company, connecting with a variety of industries.
As a new manager in Purchases you will be responsible for handling an expenditure ranging anywhere between $20-100 million/year.
To do so, you will:
- Analyze sourcing markets and develop market expertise;
- Develop sourcing strategies to increase the innovation pipeline, drive cost saving and influence industries to transform themselves;
- Negotiate the right deals with the right suppliers for the right reasons;
- Treat our suppliers honestly, ethically and fairly. We consider our suppliers as partners in our journey to deliver the best consumer products around the world;
- Work effectively as an integral member of cross-functional business teams;
- Commercialize new technologies and materials beyond the known industries and suppliers together with R&D;
- Influence individuals both externally and internally, developing the right relationships to serve the business.
As you develop within the organization, you will grow to handle different spend areas, increase your responsibilities in terms of both expenditure and people management, and become responsible for some of P&G’s biggest and most important supplier and innovation activities. You will liaise with different internal functions daily and we guarantee that no day of the year is the same as the next.
If you’re a really good fit, then you will have:
- a graduate degree (variety of degrees are held by Purchasing leaders ranging from Political Sciences to Engineering and Business degrees), with maximum 4 years of working experience;
- strong interest in the commercial aspects of business;
- leadership skills;
- fluency in English;
- a strong personal drive;
- strong analytical skills;
- strong communication & collaboration skills.
Just so you know:
- You will get a competitive compensation package, in line with your qualifications and experience.
- P&G is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
- Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com/ to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future.
We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: