Use powerful analysis tools to inform the future of our products
IT Support Engineer
Do you love diving into data sets? Would you enjoy telling stories and helping others see the benefit of data-based decision-making? We are passionate about understanding data and want more people who know how to use that data in the best way to guide our decisions. Are you up for the challenge?
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes an IT employee successful at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Do you want to join a team of IT professionals who apply their skills to support the P&G IT Manufacturing organization in bringing technology-based capabilities and business models to life? Have you been looking to use and grow your IT skills and deep dive into the IT Manufacturing area?
As an IT Support Engineer, you will work closely to the business and solution teams to support the test & dev environment where all the changes in Proficy solutions are being developed, tested and where Proficy Key Users are centrally trained. The role requires deep understanding of Proficy solution; manufacturing background is expected.
- Maintain infrastructure capacity at acceptable levels.
- Perform monthly maintenance tasks like patching, cleanup and security configuration.
- Perform testing and problem analysis for servers, virtual desktops and IT infrastructure.
- Provision new VMs and virtual desktops; install software and operating systems.
- Backup and restore data, operating systems, files and drivers.
- Follow the documented installation and configuration processes.
- Utilize diagnostic tools and strategies to solve technical issues and provide preventative maintenance.
- Support NPL users daily requests & periodic training sessions.
- Young professional with real passion for business and technology, eager to develop a career in IT.
- Higher education degree (Computer Science/ Informatics/ Automation/ Electrical Engineering) with maximum 4 years of experience.
- English fluency.
- Manufacturing background is expected; Proficy solution knowledge/previous experience.
- Basic Windows server administration skills.
- Basic SQL administration skills.
- Familiar with VMware technology.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively within and across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving.
Nice to have
- Windows Server administration extensive knowledge/certification.
- SQL administration extensive knowledge/certification.
- Linux server administration skills.
- VMWare Technologies knowledge, with a focus on the VMWare Horizon View Suite.
- Familiar with VEEAM backups.
- Experience with management testing tools: Panaya.
- Strong understanding of current technologies.
- Familiar with security protocols, IT systems, networking infrastructures and virtualization.
- Meaningful work from day one in a dynamic, multi-cultural and flexible working environment.
- Professional development possibilities.
- Continuous coaching & mentorship – you will receive both formal training and day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Job Id: IT 00001752
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Information Technology (IT) & Business Solutions Manager Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Data and Analytics Manager- Business Analyst- 12 Month Contract Position- Immediate Need Toronto, Canada
- Associate Manager - Information Technology Philippines
- Asset Manager - Information Technology Manila, Philippines