Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Purchasing Manager
- Analyze markets
- Spot and exploit emerging trends
- Uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- Commercialize new technologies
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
- Craft and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of materials that support our existing product lines.
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements.
- Partnering with multi-functional organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf again and again.
- Working with internal customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve economic and quality issues that affect our business plans, identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of upcoming initiatives and projects.
- Develop purchasing strategies to grow the business.
- Coach and develop teams, capacity to lead multiple priorities and organizational needs.
- Lead the purchases team responsible for all the Goods and Services Purchases, including Raw Packing Materials, to supply Plants and GO’s.
Skills You Need:
- Purchases Mastery – Demonstrated sourcing skills, particularly negotiation, commercial agreements, and relationship management skills to effectively manage executive level partnerships.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrated ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on available information. Apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Leadership - Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and be able to enroll others in disruptive thinking to get results. Ability to influence across functional boundaries (Brand Managers, Finance, Legal, Purchases) to develop and deliver strategy and relationship management action plans to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability to Build and Sustain Relationships - Demonstrated ability to lead high-level interactions with internal clients and agencies, working effectively across functions, geographies and cultures. Must be able to build relationships and influence others via outstanding interpersonal skills, despite many remote relationships. You will invest significant time/effort to manage supplier relationship(s), development of supplier relationship management strategy and execution of joint business plans.
Just so you know:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with commercial experience
- 5+ years sourcing experience. Experience in sourcing advertising or digital agencies
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: