Begin a meaningful career right here
Manufacturing- Quality Control (QC) Chemist
Are you interested in working on the world's biggest brands? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? We are looking for Chemists to become part of our high-performance organization where shown communication, initiative, leadership, collaboration skills and abilities are important.
A Quality Control Chemist at P&G is responsible for collecting samples, analyzing and labeling raw materials, finished goods, and other samples. We also perform record keeping and other Quality Control (QC) related responsibilities as directed by the Lab Coordinator.
- Performs raw material, finished goods, intermediate, and development sample analysis according to standard analytical procedures
- Performs routine instrument maintenance and calibration as needed in the course of analytical work
- Conducts limited instrument troubleshooting and problem diagnosis
- Makes judgment based on knowledge and experience as to the accuracy and reliability of analytical results
- Observes and identifies problems with results and reports to supervisor
- Conducts analytical method development work with direct supervision and guidance
- Inspects empty bulk trucks prior to loading and appearance of raw materials during unloading as needed
- Coordinates work with Production Lead on night and weekend shifts to ensure appropriate prioritization of work
The QC Chemist is responsible for maintaining and improving site safety; providing leadership and ownership for a safety or quality system; leading a zone ownership area by operating, maintaining, and improving the zone to deliver performance targets; developing and executing a personal action plan; participating in business improvement/loss elimination projects; and functioning as a team member in a high performance organization. You should be proficient at working independently.
- Possess experience and knowledge of basic laboratory operations such as weighing, titrating, and preparing volumetric solutions.
- Interpret analytical method procedures and safety instructions using standard chemistry terms and measures.
- Perform routine calculations pertaining to analytical chemistry (e.g. dilution, concentration, test results).
- Have training and experience to work safely around complex, analytical instrumentation and apparatus as well as hazardous chemicals in a manner that follows Safety and QA standards.
The Procter & Gamble North Chicago Plant operates 7-days per week. Our Chemists work on a rotating, five shift schedule, including weekends. Call-in hours during peak times may be necessary in order to meet the business needs.
Travel and relocation expenses are not covered.
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Have a B.S. degree in Chemistry with a basic knowledge of analytical chemistry; or a degree in a closely related field and a minimum of one year experience in a QC lab strongly desired.
- Work consistently with a team and demonstrate effective team skills such as conflict resolution, problem solving (analytical troubleshooting processes), planning, communications (effective listening/giving and receiving feedback),and time management.
- Have user knowledge of Microsoft Windows, including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, e-mail, and the capability to interact with other software programs as required/trained.
- Meet the requirements of a safe operation and personal safety using required personal protective equipment, and safe practices. Able to wear and be properly fitted with all required safety protection attire, including but not limited to respiratory protection, safety glasses, hard hats, and safety shoes/boots. Must be clean-shaven when required to wear a tight-fitting respirator. Must pass medical qualification required for wearing a tight-fitting respirator.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: