Begin a meaningful career right here
Laboratory Support Technician
Are you interested in working in a high-energy environment with lots of meaningful hands-on work? Are you a highly motivated individual interested in solving industrial problems involving surfactants in detergent formulations? If so, Procter & Gamble has an Associate Researcher position available in the Fabric & Home Care Technology Division at Miami Valley Innovation Center, Cincinnati, Ohio. The individual will have the opportunity to work as part of an innovative group responsible for developing new surfactants for P&G's fabric and home care business to permit game-changing wins for the consumer, customer, and company. The successful candidate will leverage their strong technical, innovating and project management skills to impact the business.
To fill this role we are seeking candidates with
• Maturity to operate within a large organization – across levels and to communicate well with a range of people at different levels
• Self-motivation and evidence of being able to deliver results in the absence of constant externally derived deadlines and with little on the spot / on the ground guidance
• Personal discipline – time keeping, respect for deadlines etc.
Qualifications for this role include
• Associate Degree in Science or High School Diploma with lab experience
• A strong understanding of how to execute laboratory experiments. Ability to perform established test procedures and produce reliable, reproducible results.
• Excellent organization skills. Ability to keep quality laboratory records through day to day recording of results in laboratory notebook or similar.
• An ability to work autonomously, to manage priorities and be able to take input from multiple sources and manage that input through good communication and expectation setting.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal. Expected to Communicate results and observations, making special note of unanticipated results and/or unexpected observations.
• Evidence of Inquisitiveness to go beyond the obvious and apply critical thinking to work / experimentation that is provided.
• Basic understanding of Excel and Microsoft.
Nice to have for at least 1 of our openings–
• General chemistry – 1 full year college level, with lab
• Organic chemistry – target 1 full year college level, with lab. Minimum would be 1 full semester college level with lab.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: