Beauty NA Regulatory and Human Safety - GPS
We are seeking a motivated Scientist to join the P&G Global Product Stewardship (GPS) team, supporting Global Beauty Hair Care as North America Regulatory Affairs Manager and Category Human Safety Manager. The primary role is to develop go-to-market regulatory and safety strategies and assessment in support of current business and new product initiatives.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
1. monitor and influence applicable regulations/standards in the US;
2. assess the competitive landscape and aggressively advise on regulatory business strategies, take action with regard to compliance opportunities or regulatory vulnerabilities;
3. provide state-of-the-art go to market human safety assessments for Hair care products.
WHAT ARE THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES?
Assessment of formulations and ingredients to identify regulatory compliance gaps, for OTC and cosmetic regulated products. You will be responsible for all market regulatory questions and issues
Assessment of new formulas and ingredients, identify safety data gaps, design, execute and interpret appropriate safety programs. When our existing data is sufficient and communicate guidance is needed dedicatedly to customers. You will be leading in-market safety questions and issues, collaborating closely with functions within and outside of GPS. Contribute to external defense of key substances through industry associations.
Ability to learn product market readiness thru compliance for FDA regulated products, US FDA regulations.
Life science discipline, and understanding product safety/risk assessment principles is a key requirement. MS or PhD in toxicology or a related discipline is preferred. The individual should have strong judgment, creative thinking skills and a flexible mindset.
Excellent communication skills to convey positions clearly and to explain complex technical issues in a manner suitable to diverse internal customers. The individual needs to collaborate effectively and build strong relationships with a variety of partners.
The individual in this role should be able to independently formulate logical and data-based safety positions, to communicate them clearly and lead questions in real time or discern when issues arise. Proactive and agile project leadership, trouble shooting and solution driving skills will give to the success of this assignment.
JUST SO YOU KNOW:
- Everyone will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- We do not offer immigration sponsorship for this position. Anyone for U.S. based positions should be generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- We participate in e-verify as required by law.
- You will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: