Chemist (BS/MS) - Safety & Chemical Review
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As a chemist in R&D, you will support the expansion of chemistry capability within our Chemical Review and Evaluation Group (CREG).
What will I do?
Our chemists are constantly learning, growing, and improving. In this role, you will help provide foundational safety support by developing and delivering capabilities for chemical hazard assessment to ensure the safety of P&G's products and initiatives. We are a highly reciprocal company, so you will also need to provide technical direction to others while working in a technically challenging and globally diverse business environment.
You will own accuracy confirmation for chemical structures/nomenclature and registration/clean-up of chemical structure and toxicological data in CREG systems/databases while adding structured chemical and toxicological data to core systems/databases. You will lead end-to-end work processes for the generation of safety and environmental assessments and ensure robust, consistent, and clear work processes/approaches are utilized.
Some of your other responsibilities will include reviewing draft literature searches, toxicological endpoint data summaries, and safety assessments for key data criteria and helping to resolve issues.
- A BS or MS in Chemistry
- A strong knowledge of organic chemistry with an understanding of toxicology and biology
- A background with botanical/natural substances, chemical curation, and chemical drawing software
- Critical thinking, strong attention to detail, active listening and strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is helpful in the areas of chemical curation, working with structured toxicological data, human and environmental safety assessments, as well as experience leading complex work flows.
- Able to learn and apply contemporary risk assessment processes & related disciplines critical to providing assurance safety for consumer products.
- Eager to develop new databases and software applications.
- You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. P&G does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: