Begin a meaningful career right here
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in about 80 countries, building 65 trusted brands that make life better for 5 billion consumers in more than 180 countries. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
From Day 1, you’ll help fulfill our purpose of improving lives in 180 countries through leading, billion-dollar brands. We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage our multi-functional teams to work together to come up with new ideas to address challenges we face.
Our move to a “Cloud-First” strategy has quickly led to a massive shift of application development and hosting to the major public clouds. With this shift has come the challenge to engineer, operate and secure these environments. To address this, we are building an elite engineering team and is seeking to staff up rapidly with both external and contract-to-hire resources. While the roles needed are focused on a specific database area (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc.), resources are expected to flex into different DBMS areas when needed.
This position is for a DBA engineering role with specialization in a major database technology and knowledge of other cloud DB technologies such as data warehouse, NoSQL, Big Data, etc. The role will span the major cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP), so a working knowledge with deep experience in one cloud environment being a requirement. The applicant should have at least 5 to 10+ years of experience as a hands-on DBA and act as a “leader with vision” in the database area.
- Build new cloud-based data center services environments for P&G cloud initiatives.
- Serve as overall domain expert on Oracle/SQL Server DBA and NoSQL technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed design specifications for stable and secure database computing operations in a dynamic cloud-based environment.
- Own database engineering, enhancements and improvements for reliability, security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Explore, identify, plan, and embrace emerging cloud database and storage technologies, features, and capabilities.
- Analyzes existing on-premise database footprint and evaluate transformation opportunities defines database reference architectures and migration approaches to help transform and migrate on-premise databases into public clouds.
- Provide L3 operational support for data feeds, system performance and availability events.
- Installs database management systems (DBMS) and provides input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance. Independently performs administration for a particular application portfolio
- Configures and manages database clusters by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, test case planning, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Performs tasks such as loading data, monitor database, application performance, tuning, backup, and other parts of administration
- Designs, maintains and enhances design data dictionaries, physical and logical database models, performance tuning and maintain a central data repository for the applications
- Ensures database security and integrity. Performs audit reviews including authorization check, cross-database dependency checks, review initialization parameters, connect permissions, server security settings etc.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions
- Responsible for ensuring software compliance and usage to regulatory constraints
- Creates debugging procedures, packages, functions, views and materialized views
- Develops capacity plans by measuring existing infrastructure capacity (CPU, storage, network etc.), forecast capacity growth, and the changes needed to modify and possibly scale up the computer infrastructure
- SQL Server DBA or equivalent in a cloud environment (5 to 10+ years experience)
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field
- Knowledge of database monitoring and alerting tools, both cloud-native and third-party
- Experienced in administration of multiple DBMS systems, UNIX/LINUX OS, disk configuration, knowledge of networking components etc.
- Understands interaction between database and non-database components with good expertise on querying languages such as SQL, triggers and stored procedures.
- Independently led database administration for multiple projects in similar industry or function
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills (English) with both technical and non-technical colleagues from geographically distributed teams on all organizational levels.
- Results-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and deliver results.
- Problem-solving attitude (blameless post-mortem).
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Deep understanding of database logging, replication options including CDC (Change Data Capture) is desirable
- Systems Administration for Windows, Linux, and configuration management knowledge preferred
- Experience in automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Deep understanding at least one of major cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS) cloud infrastructure and requirements for running databases (Oracle, SQL Server on cloud infrastructure), certifications at the administrator or developer level preferred.
- Aware of basic information security awareness protocols, software security in the SDLC lifecycle, and OWASP Top 10 concepts
- ITIL foundations knowledge or IT operations background
•Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
•We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
•We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
•Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
•What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: