Push the next generation of products forward
Environmental Associate Scientist-Masters
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans. You will constantly be learning, growing, and improving as you find new ways to innovate and develop within your area.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes someone successful as an R&D team member at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Are you passionate about environmental sustainability? How would you like to use your creative and analytical skills to enable corporate growth and innovation? If this sounds like fun, we would love to hire someone with your skills and abilities to join our Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) organization. P&G provides exciting opportunities to demonstrate environmental expertise to guide technology innovations to deliver challenging sustainability and environmental stewardship goals. We are a leading company in the consumer products sector that markets iconic brands such as Tide laundry detergent, Downy fabric conditioner, Crest toothpaste, Olay skin care, Gillette blades and razors and Pampers baby diapers.
ESS is a functional organization responsible for broadly supporting the environmental safety and sustainability programs for the Company. P&G has an exceptional history of leading the development of applied environmental science, sustainability and stewardship. Founded in 1962, our group has led development of environmental fate testing, exposure modeling, environmental effects and life cycle assessment methodologies. P&G is a founding organization and charter member of SETAC, the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, and works frequently with government, academic, and non-governmental organizations to advance sustainability sciences and environmental safety. Our organization has over 500 professionals globally. The environmental function publishes frequently with nearly 800 publications in the peer reviewed literature since its inception.
Our key missions are:
- Building and maintaining technical capability in key environmental expertise areas such as environmental risk assessment, fate and effects assessment and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA);
- Guiding and supporting P&G business categories, new technologies and innovation initiatives;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of P&G’s overall strategy for environmental sustainability;
- Using expertise to facilitate external to P&G activities that build and protect corporate reputation.
We believe you will be an excellent fit if, you have:
- A MS in environmental sciences or closely related discipline with in-depth knowledge of environmental science, with experience in assessment of environmental safety of chemicals (i.e. environmental fate, exposure, and effects); and preferably experience in sustainability reviews of consumer products and manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge in allied fields such as environmental chemistry and toxicology, fate and exposure, modeling, sustainability science, and analytical chemistry is beneficial.
- Leadership experience in bringing to bear environmental science expertise for complex environmental risk assessment of chemicals and sustainability reviews in an industrial, government, and/or academic setting.
- Strong communication and partnership skills to allow seamless collaboration with customers and partners inside and outside the Company.
Just so you know:
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Job Id: RND00004015
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: