FemCare Data Scientist
Do you love to apply Data Science in the development of machine processes in the consumer goods industry? Would you love tackling manufacturing
challenges? How would you like to turn on your creative genius and problem-solving to design next generation smart manufacturing systems that
deliver superior quality products for consumers? If this sounds like fun, we should talk.
As a Data Scientist, you will use modern data analysis and machine learning approaches to help us to develop and understand complex manufacturing
systems. You will be working with a highly talented cross-functional team of scientists and engineers with expertise in R&D, manufacturing
processes and data infrastructure.
This role has a unique ability to use the power of data science to deliver insights and drive end to end thinking starting from raw material to
manufacturing processes to final product as delivered to our consumers. Ultimately we will be turning insights derived from data science into
actionable recommendations that drive business value.
We are looking for leaders who are pursuing or have graduated with a Masters or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied
Mathematics, or a similar quantitative field.
If you are a good fit for the Data Scientist role, you will have:
- Hands on coding experience and deep understanding in one or more languages (Python, R, C++), knowledge in either Python or R is required.
- Proven expertise in analysis of large data sets (“big data”) to deliver actionable insights from data
- Prior experience and/or strong interest in “real world” problems.
- Strong communication skills. The candidate is the link between “incomprehensible” data and engineers who need to act on new insights. This
requires both, listening skills to understand the problem to help with, as well as ability to build trust, explain context, and potential solutions.
- Our manufacturing platforms are running on Integrated Control Systems.
Interest or experience in these will also be a plus
PREFERRED SPECIALTIES/AREA OF RESEARCH:
- Machine Learning, including Deep Learning
- Data Mining (such as data preparation, regression, classification tools, SVM)
- Optimization (global, local, stochastic methods)
- Model Reduction, Dimensionality Reduction
- Data bases and data processing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE WITH ANALYTICAL TOOLS/APPLICATIONS:
- Scientific Computing: R, Python, C++, Java, Scala
- Deep Learning frameworks: Keras, Tensorflow
- Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, SpotFire
- High-Performance Parallel and Distributing Computing
- Data Visualization
- Data Management Systems
DID YOU KNOW?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any
other legally protected factor.
Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for
current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion, P&G does not sponsor candidates for
permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the
particular qualifications of the individual. Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: