Push the next generation of products forward
Global Safety Surveillance and Analysis Epidemiologist - PhD
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans. You will constantly be learning, growing, and improving as you find new ways to innovate and develop within your area.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes someone successful as an R&D team member at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Consumer safety and regulatory compliance are of the utmost importance to Procter & Gamble! We need the best professionals to act as stewards in these critical areas and to work to continuously improve our products! We have an opening for an Epidemiologist within our Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis organization based at our Mason Business Center, north of Cincinnati, Ohio. As a member of GSSA, your primary role is as an active Epidemiologist to support projects across multiple business sectors. We support Procter and Gamble by generating and disseminating real-world evidence about health and product utilization through the analysis of health care and product complaint data. You will have the chance to define and promote the use of various types of data to answer questions and support product innovation in the Consumer Health market.
Important Responsibilities include:
- Establishing access to and designing and conducting analyses on relevant population-based studies.
- Evaluating external electronic databases to determine their utility for observational studies.
- Creating or overseeing programming of analyses and outcomes for exploratory healthcare studies.
- Lead and contribute to the execution of observational database analyses by using standardized analytical tools and writing statistical programs against internal and external observational data resources.
- Improved signal detection and signal management activities, and you will contribute to development of signal detection algorithms.
- Support for technical reports and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaboration with life scientists, healthcare professionals, and others across the globe within and outside of Global Safety Surveillance and Analysis to design and conduct analyses to support product development and regulatory interactions.
Requirements (skills / experiences) for the role:
Qualifications and skills we are looking for:
- A Ph.D. in Epidemiology or closely related field.
- Good collaboration skills and experience in establishing and maintaining working relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with an emphasis on communication of human health relevance. You need to be able to convey complex statistical concepts to non-statistician/non-epidemiologist audiences.
- Self-directed, agile learner with excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and an ability to manage complex systems.
- Experience with databases, data reporting tools and statistical analyses. Previous experience in pharmacovigilance or product vigilance is a plus.
The role reports to the North America Safety Surveillance Section Head who is also based at Mason Business Center. Overall you will be part of the 60+ employee strong Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis function. There is plenty of help, support, coaching and training available from colleagues, with formal training being tailored to your needs and interests.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Job Id: RND00004527
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist, Global Product Stewardship Singapore, Singapore
- Global Safety Surveillance and Analysis Epidemiologist - PhD Cincinnati, Ohio
- Research & Development - Foundational Data Specialty Chemical Data Steward - BS/MS Cincinnati, Ohio
- Research & Development - Foundational Data Steward, Mandarin Cincinnati, Ohio