Human Insights Manager
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
Are you energized by solving tough business problems, using diverse sources of knowledge from analytics to psychology? Are you curious, creative and empathetic with a bias towards action?
If so, then a role in the Consumer & Market Knowledge (CMK) organization is for you! In CMK, we combine analytics and insights to directly influence business strategy, product design, pricing, media investments, retail, go to market strategy ... and much more. We use our boundless curiosity to discover what consumers want, why they want it, and how we can influence them through immersive exploration, in-depth analysis, and good research.
This CMK role is part of our Corporate Human Insights team, located in our Cincinnati, OH headquarters. The team’s mission is to keep P&G on the top tier of capabilities in understanding people to drive insights fueling product innovation and breakthrough communication. The team is highly collaborative and is a sought-after partner by all the businesses, due to our bias towards action, expertise and hands on, problem solving approach.
As a CMK Manager on the Human Insights team you will
- Be the broader resource to the CMK organization on understanding people and uncovering insights.
- Build internal training and development to enable our business to lead and inspire cross-functional teams to explore and understand our consumers’ experiences and unmet needs.
- Define consumers through personas/archetypes, JTBD frameworks, journey maps and other tangible and compelling frameworks.
- Enable and advocate for consumer empathy across the CMK organization through ongoing immersions with consumers, helping build the skills of the organization.
- Synthesize disparate inputs and train the organization to move from abstract to concrete insights, driving clarity, detail and refinement to our strategies and offerings.
- Communicate consumer needs, principles and designs through artifacts, presentations and prototypes to develop and influence meaningful brand strategies.
The Ideal Candidate is
- Passionate about a vision to change the trajectory of consumer understanding at one of the largest CPG companies. Curious, empathetic, and human-centered able to be radically committed to the consumer.
- Committed to servant leadership and development of colleagues. Collaborative and consultative across multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to an organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experimentation, nimble. Driven to rapidly explore, develop, and deliver insights and ideas. Authentic, experienced, and confident. An exceptional and compassionate communicator / storyteller.
- Ambitious, self-initiating, and self-managing of time, resources, and relationships. A problem-solver with a growth mindset; willing to jump in and figure it out, whatever the problem.
- History from school or work experience of strong leadership through envisioning, direction setting, enrolling others and thinking/problem solving. Unafraid of challenging the status quo.
- Passionate, curious researcher with strong observational and analytical skills.
- 5+ years of experience in consumers insights or an equivalent field.
- Bachelor's degree required,a plus if degree is in Human Factors, Anthropology, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Human Centered Design or similar field.
- Experience in a variety of methodologies, including qualitative (e.g. ethnography, consumer journeys, online consumer panels, IDIs, JTBD, metaphor elicitation) and quantitative (idea testing, implicit testing and tracking) research. Experience partnering with third-party research agencies.
- Ability to deliver sound, genuine insights and strategic recommendations against defined business objectives.
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio and travel up to 15% domestically and internationally.
- A Masters or Ph. D in Human Factors, Anthropology, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Centered Design, or similar.
- Experience translating business questions into appropriately scoped and resourced research plans. Experience interacting, presenting and influencing business partners at multiple levels.
- Serve as an advocate, representing the consumer voice in all contributions to the business and throughout the development process.
- Demonstrated skill in data visualization and/or graphic design and excellent in storytelling.
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: