Begin a meaningful career right here
Human Resources - I/O Business Challenge
Procter & Gamble (P&G) would like to invite current and recently graduated Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology Ph.D. students to participate in our upcoming I/O Business Challenge. Our purpose is to bring together a team of students from I/O Psychology Ph.D. programs across the U.S. to apply your I/O expertise and external perspectives to solve a business challenge at P&G.
What would I do?
Think of it like a case study, but the problem is real, and strong solutions will be implemented. P&G’s I/O group and relevant stakeholders will brief the I/O Business Challenge team on the first day. As a team, you will work together throughout the week to investigate the problem and recommend a solution. On the last day, you will present your solution to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
What type of problems could I solve?
Your project could involve any area that P&G’s I/O group faces, such as:
- Employee Selection, Testing/Assessments
- Workforce/People Analytics & Operations
- Engagement Survey, Organization Sensing, Employee Experience
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership Development and Succession Planning
- Performance Management and Rewards/Compensation
- Learning & Development/Training
- Strategy, Organizational Culture, and Change Management
Why Ph.D. students?
- To keep P&G solutions connected to the cutting edge of I/O science and external perspective.
- To scout top I/O talent to fill upcoming internship and full-time positions within P&G’s Global Talent team. Students will have the opportunity to interview while on site.
- To give students a realistic job preview of I/O work at P&G and expose them to the challenges the Talent team tackles.
What are the logistics?
Date: September 24-27, 2019
Location: P&G Corporate Headquarters - Cincinnati, OH
Schedule: You will be sent a schedule ahead of the trip, which includes your hotel, meetings, dinners, and even some fun activities to get to know your team and P&G’s I/O Psychologists.
Expenses: P&G will pay for all seminar expenses, including transportation, accommodation, meals, and activities
What qualifications are we looking for?
- You should be enrolled in a PhD Industrial Organizational Psychology program or a related field.
- You should have taken relevant courses or have applied experience in the areas of organization research, job analysis, employee selection, and psychometrics.
- It's always good to possess a sound knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and SPSS or SAS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: