Industrial-Organizational Psychology Graduate Student Seminar
Where does your passion lie? You've got the scientific background - are you ready to start applying what you're learning in school? Our I-O Psychologists are leaders in their respective fields of applied psychology, putting their skills to work to serve our people.
Meaningful Work for Everyone
As a student, you have learned what I-O Psychologists do in the workplace. As you explore your options of either going into academia or industry, you've likely heard the pros and cons of each option. Here you can bridge the gap. Our team of Industrial & Organizational Psychologists are among the leaders in the industry. We are also encouraged to push the boundaries of the state of the art of our fields, including presenting and publishing our findings.
What this seminar is all about
Our graduate student seminar for I-O Psych grad students is built to share what our research shows with you. You'll have a chance to dive deep into the data and then work to showcase unrivaled insights.
Join us at our global headquarters in Cincinnati, OH from September 4-7, 2018 for three jam-packed days of learning, experiences, and sharing. You'll get to know our whole I-O team, and the work that we do. We'll cover all your travel and accommodation expenses.
You will team up with other talented doctoral students as you work on a significant organizational research project. You'll also have the chance to present your work to some of our more expert I-O leaders.
At the end of the seminar we hold interviews for internships and possibly even a full-time job in the future.
Learn about us
As an I-O Psychologist at P&G, you would play a meaningful role in making sure we hire the right people and support them in their work. Your work could be specific to your area of research, or you might be asked to expand your understanding to additional areas where we have greatest need.
Specifically in the hiring space, we employ a rigorous battery of assessments that we have designed specifically to gauge cultural fit with the company as well as cognitive capability. Your work here would include:
- Assessment creation in partnership with vendors. It is critical for you to share your understanding of what makes for a quality question, what skills/traits/abilities we are looking for, and how to identify them in others. Our hiring organizations are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to assess cognitive ability, skill in certain areas, and cultural fit, all without loosing the positive experience for our test takers.
- Assessment validation - we want to have a sufficiently large n-size to validate any new assessment we work on. This work includes interacting on a regular basis with your customers, the various hiring organizations inside the company. You'll also need to craft the story to share with leadership so they walk away convinced of the assessment's validity.
We also participate in regular sensing and surveys of employees. This falls into a few camps:
- Job and skill analysis. You'll be conducting deep dives into the everyday work of our people to assess what skills are essential for this work. You'll engage in qualitative and quantitative studies to truly capture the essence of the work.
- You could also work on our survey creation. As you do this, you'll make sure that our senior leadership has all the information about their people that they need to make meaningful decisions. We can't under-emphasize how important this work is for you to be engaged in.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- You should be enrolled in a PhD Industrial Organizational Psychology program or a related field.
- You should have taken relevant courses or have applied experience in the areas of organization research, job analysis, employee selection, and psychometrics.
- It's always good to possess a sound knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and SPSS or SAS.
- You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this position
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: