IT Project Manager-Transportation
We are seeking people with strong leadership skills and high attention to detail to play a key role in our Transportation organization in the downtown Cincinnati General Offices. You’ll work closely with our organization to lead meaningful projects, changes to system functionality and testing before broad release. You will also support issue resolution and engage project board when necessary to move forward with the project deliverable.
IT is where business, innovation and technology integrate to build a competitive advantage for us. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help win with consumers. You are a diverse business leader who applies IT mastery to deliver groundbreaking business models and capabilities. Whether your role is to build an IT innovation strategy, protect our critical information systems, or handle a strategic supplier in our state of the art shared services organization, your technical mastery will be rewarded. Your real passion for the industry will be nurtured by our culture of continued learning and growth. Your career in IT builds change in leadership and influence skills, breadth of experience across multiple businesses, and depth of expertise in areas like Application & Integration, Infrastructure, Data & Analytics, and Security & Risk.
You will lead medium size projects. Most of the projects are aligned with system improvements that will require to go through the normal cycles of a project (business requirements, Blue print, testing, release). As a PM, you will be accountable of the project work you're doing, partners concern and tackle unexpected issues. On a day-to-day basis, you can expect to:
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with Transportation operations organization.
- Lead technical meetings with vendors to ensure business requirements are properly transformed into system changes.
- Lead testing and sign off for projects releases. Validate system design before cutover to production.
- Document changes to the system and ensure operations can support the new changes (training)
- Support issues brought up beyond the base level of support and aim to resolution where possible.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are PMP certified. You are focused in your execution and comfortable performing tasks with minimal supervision. You’re a go-getter. We’ll help you get up to speed with extensive training on the transportation systems and we’ll onboard you to the dynamic work environment of the team. As part of your startup you’ll learn about how we plan and sell the world’s best known brands and how your work plays a meaningful role in getting our products on the shelves and in the homes of consumers everywhere.
- 3+ years relevant experience as a Project Manager
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience (Pivot Tables, VLookup, Sorting/Filtering)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly disciplined task execution
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
We are looking for leaders who have graduated with a BS or MS in MIS, Computer Science, Industrial or Computer Engineering, (or like degrees) or MBA’s with a technical undergraduate degree or background.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: