Begin a meaningful career right here
Life Sciences PhD Internship
Key Priorities, Deliverables, or Outcomes of This Position:
1) Utilize existing assets (P&G and U Cincinnati) to study the impact of oxidative stress induced by UV radiation or hydrogen peroxide ROS production on disruption of circadian rhythms in keratinocytes.
2) Lead endpoints include cellular bioenergetics (Seahorse Flux Analyzer), wound healing/cell proliferation/migration (Incutye), and inflammatory response (PGE2 and cytokine production).
3) Once established, study the impact of niacinamide to protect these endpoints from oxidative stress disruption.
4) Backup plan: evaluate changes in circadian rhythms as a function of age in primary cells isolated from varying aged donors and determine potential for niacinamide to restore to a younger state oscillatory pattern.
1) Cellular assay development related to metabolism, wound healing, and circadian biology.
2) Integrated measurement approaches to simultaneously monitor molecular and phentypic responses of cells to bioactive
and stress stimuli.
3) Ability to link fundamental insights to technology development opportunities and technical product stories.
4) Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to incorporate subject-matter expertise in multiple technical spaces intoa holistic experimental design.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: