Explore the innovative systems and processes behind our products
Manufacturing Engineer Internship
Do you want to transform materials for winning consumer experiences? Then an Internship as a Manufacturing/Engineering Intern in one of our plants might be the right place for you to gain this experience. In our Manufacturing department, we produce consumer goods to supply our customers with high-quality product, on-time, and at a low cost. You will help us innovate to ensure the development and use of the most advanced technologies. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving problems.
- Full Time
- Level: Intern
- Travel: Yes (occasional)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Manufacturing Intern at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Then an Internship as Manufacturing/Engineering Intern in one of our plants might be the right place for you to gain this experience.
In our Manufacturing department, we produce consumer goods to supply our customers with high-quality product, on-time, and at a low cost. You will help us innovate to ensure the development and use of the most advanced technologies. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving problems.
Your Role in Manufacturing:
In this internship, you will have the opportunity to be on the production floor meeting different challenges. It's up to you to make decisions and the results of those decisions through. You will discover our leading technologies which are world-renowned. You will also discover the P&G standards and methods. In the end, you will build your own capabilities through the job experience, mentoring and training. Are you ready to take the challenge?
Production - Packing
Here you would work on getting our product into its final packaging and set up in pallets. The three priorities for packing departments are:
- Make studies on performance loss (on equipment, skills, organization)
- Identify one or more key projects to achieve the performance targets of the packing line
- Establish methods for solving technical problems
- Systematize tools for maintenance and implement production management tools
- Work on the installation and start up of new equipment
This is the department that produces our products based on recipes from R&D. Your priority should be flexibility while delivering the product in time. As you do this, you will see opportunities for continuous improvement. We are hoping that you will help us to eliminate any loss in the various production stages.
In this department, you will:
- Make the study and analysis of performance loss (equipment, organization, skills)
- Ensure the communication between different departments (logistics, packing, projects etc.)
- Craft learning programs for operators and team leader to help them to develop their skills
- Establish systematization tools, simplify process and standardize work
In assuring the quality of all our products, you would work to ensure a consistent quality in line with customer expectations as well as in accordance with local laws and P&G guidelines. It validates all the formulas and equipment prior to production, and is also responsible for the study of “non-standards” to improve our processes and training of the entire plant to quality principles.
- Develop the quality indicators and audits
- Support the production (especially on equipment validation, process etc.)
- Investigate " non-standard " and establish an action plan
- Participate in workshops within a multifunctional team
This team handles the environmental issues of the site, including working on our waste, destruction of defective products, water management and energy ...
- Environmental Management Site (destruction of products, waste management ...)
- Conducting a study on the consumption of energy and water at the site and propose practical and sustainable solutions for improving and reducing energy consumption across our processes
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities
- Continuous coaching & mentoring– We'll help you work with passionate people and also receive both formal training and mentoring from your manager
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
We are looking for Bachelor's/Master's students who:
- Are 1 year away from Graduation (Engineering school/ Universities)
- Have good command of English
- Operate with technical excellence & rigor
- Are able to collaborate effectively with others
- Can analyze situations and find solutions.
- Know how to innovate and reapply successes
- The duration of our internships is 10 to 12 weeks starting June 2019. As an intern, you'll receive an internship allowance.
- We provide relocation support to get you where we need you.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our mission of Diversity and Inclusion is: “Everyone valued. Everyone included. Everyone performing at their peak”.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, Oxnard, California, United States, Bear River City, Utah, United States, Mehoopany, Pennsylvania, United States, Lima, Ohio, United States, Greensboro, North Carolina, United States, Alexandria, Louisiana, United States, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Auburn, Maine, United States, Augusta, Georgia, United States, Albany, Georgia, United States, Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States, Avenel, New Jersey, United States, St Louis, Missouri, United States, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States, Boston, Massachusetts, United States, Andover, Massachusetts, United States, Kansas City, Kansas, United States, Chicago, Illinois, United States, Iowa City, Iowa, United States, Dover, Delaware, United States, Sacramento, California, United States
Job Id: MFG00005852
Health and Wellness Programs
Internship Support Network
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Plant Internship - Singapore Singapore, Singapore
- Health Safety and Environmental Ingenieer Mequinensa / Mequinenza, Spain
- Manufacturing / Engineering Internship – Summer 2019 Multiple Locations
- Stypendium P&G w ramach Młodzi w Łodzi 2018 Łódź, Poland