BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Network Engineer NOC L2
Information Technology (IT) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to build a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT skills to deliver game-changing business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never imagined. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new insights thrive and where your technical skills is recognized and rewarded.
We are seeking a highly-skilled L2 Network Engineer for the Network Operations Center for our global enterprise network. Interested professionals should be motivated by groundbreaking technologies, being a champion for change, and have a vision for identifying and aligning technology solutions to help support business opportunities.
Key functions include:
- Providing incident management, event management, and service management. You will also work on service restoration, sustainability, and proactive service improvement.
- Providing 24x7x365 Network Operations support in a follow the sun NOC.
- Providing second-level network Incident Management in the NOC; with the main focus on service restoration.
- Mentoring junior engineers for technical and professional advancement.
- Participating and at times leading Crisis Team conference calls, and can identify required resources beyond telecommunications.
- Implementing repeatable move, add, changes for LAN, WAN, security, wireless, remote access, load balancing, and cloud connectivity.
- Functioning as a single point of contact for other NOC engineers for Incidents and Changes.
- Building support documentation and delivering training to NOC staff.
- Employing production monitoring tools to ensure that all systems are running and available.
- Ensuring effective communication to internal customers.
REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS / EXPERIENCES) FOR THE ROLE:
- Certifications Preferred: Network +, CCNA, CCNP
- 5 years of experience working with a TCP/IP network
- Advanced knowledge of Carrier Services – WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, Point to Point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s
- Advanced knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya
- Demonstrable understanding of network load balancers and firewalls
- Experience with monitoring applications such as CA Spectrum, EMC Smarts, etc
- Expertise with the following operating systems; Cisco IOS/NXOS, Linux, Unix, Microsoft
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Associate’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field
- Strong customer service skills. Good temperament, ability to handle stressful situations, and also provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite for effective teamwork and communications
- Strong analytical skills, able to use complex data to find opportunities, recognize problems and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Teamwork; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the workday
- Available to work a shift that includes a weekend day, including some holidays to support 24x7x365 coverage
THE VALUE OF A P&G CAREER
- Ongoing mentorship and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to outstanding training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: