Network Security Engineer – Engineering
We are seeking a skilled Network Security Engineer who can help identify and drive creative and groundbreaking solutions for P&G’s global network. You will be a member of a team, working with the brightest engineers, focusing on network infrastructure, security, applications and services.
Are you a self-starter, detail oriented, and possesses strong written and verbal interpersonal skills? Do you have 7+ years of security experience, working across wide range of technologies and services? This would include; LAN/WAN, wireless, remote access, load balancing, Firewalls, IPS and cloud connectivity. This amazing opportunity sits at our corporate office in Cincinnati, Ohio.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead creation of network security infrastructure designs, configurations, standards and documentation to effectively deliver secured network solutions
- Lead network security lifecycle management process to ensure clearly defined roadmaps for new technology solutions ensuring flawless transformation and adoption by the business
- Define and document technical requirements for new security capabilities, working with key suppliers to solution, build and lab certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives.
- Work closely with Information Security to ensure alignment of defined security policies, with engineered infrastructure solutions.
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment.
- Highest issue point for critical and/or chronic network/security incidents, provide subject matter leadership to Operations.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security improvement
- Catalyst in the definition and generation of new security tools and automation capabilities, driving software defined capabilities that improve outcomes, minimizing risk, and promote agility.
- Deliver training and technical leadership to all key partner organizations ensuring successful knowledge transfer, and the ability to be self-sufficient in support of their primary roles.
- Lead/Contributor on key network security projects, representing the organization and working closely with Project Managers, Operations, Business Units, Suppliers, Peer Organizations and IT partners
YOUR DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS
Validated work experience as a network security engineer or information security engineer
Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
Deep understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
Ability to work independently to capture requirements and translate those into solutions
Strong analytical skills, able to use complex data to find opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
Good temperament, ability to lead stressful situations. Ability to provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
Partnership; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work day.
Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required, sometimes with little advanced notice. Additionally, participate in a week-long on-call rotation.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
Technical certifications, strong knowledge and experience of the following network, voice and security technologies, protocols and services is helpful:
Desirable Certifications: CISSP, CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, SUSE, JNCIE, JNCIA, JNCP, ACE
Experience with Cisco security solutions; ASA, Firepower, IOS Firewall, NGIPS, AnyConnect, StealthWatch, ACS/ISE, Umbrella, Prime
Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Viptela, F5 Networks, Aruba, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Zscaler, Sonus, and Avaya.
Working knowledge of network features and protocols such as spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTP
Knowledge of Carrier Services – WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, DWDM, Frame Relay, point-to-point, OCx, DS3, E/T1s
Expertise with the following operating systems; Cisco IOS/IOS-E/NXOS, Linux, Unix, Microsoft
Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 10+ year meaningful experience
- Legal authorization to work in the applied country location is required. P&G will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Willing to work from a Procter and Gamble office location
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: