Polymer Synthesis & Characterization Scientist- PhD
Are you looking for a Polymer chemist role with an amazing company? Would you love studying and manipulating synthetic and organic chemical substances? Do you have a PhD in Polymer Chemistry or Polymer Physics?
THE JOB WE NEED TO FILL:
Meaningful practical experience in polymer synthesis, polymer characterization, and other polymer physics tools that you will be applying to elucidate structure/property correlations in consumer product applications. You should be a creative, critical thinker as supported by peer-reviewed journal publications, and as appropriate, patent filings. Preference is to those who have validated cross-discipline collaboration with complementary teams and delivered holistic solutions for significant technical challenges.
The other attributes we seek are curiosity and passion to both understand fundamentals and to apply these skills to develop pragmatic solutions and move these towards the market
=== EXCITING RESPONSIBILITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR ===
- Design polymers and synthetic route to produce polymeric materials to resolve structure/property relationships.
- Characterize polymers (MW, polydispersity, rheology, thermal and mechanical properties) and interpret functional tests of polymers in formulated products, packaging or crafted products
- Analyze patent literature and technology landscape to identify white space. Develop IP strategy as part of a multifunctional team with Legal and Product Design
- Understand industrial/commercial feasibility and potential supply chain(should-cost, registrations and regulatory requirements)
=== ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS ===
Excellent lab skills, keen observation & documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks to support scientific investigation, patent filing & commercialization.
Creativity, passion to work on a dynamic, technically rigorous team partnering with experts in consumer understanding, product design, and other functions to delight consumers
=== DID YOU KNOW? ===
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. P&G does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: