Do you like the idea of brokering and negotiating deals to foster situations of mutual benefit for both us and our suppliers? Would you love doing this on the scale of a multi-billion dollar consumer goods company? We spend billions of dollars every year on goods and services so our company can produce the best consumer products in the world.
What would you be doing?
As a strategic sourcing leader, you would be crafting winning deals with vendors that will supply us with what the company needs. Your everyday work would include:
- Analyzing sourcing markets and developing expertise in those markets.
- Developing strategies for sourcing that would increase our innovation pipeline, driving costs down, and influencing industries to transform themselves.
- Negotiating the right deals, with the right suppliers, for the right reasons.
Do you like the idea of creating business value by developing new strategies and nurturing diverse relationships? Are you excited about the opportunity to deeply understand new industries, create deals with Suppliers, and be part of a winning team? And would you love doing all of this with one of the largest companies in the world, where our scale enables us to influence industries and impact society in a transformational way?
At P&G Purchases, we are business leaders that deliver value by bringing the inside out and the outside in. We focus externally, see what’s possible, and deliver with perfection. Every year, we spend billions of dollars on materials and services ranging from packaging to media to logistics to IT – we touch every dollar P&G spends to create a positive return so our company can produce the best consumer products in the world.
What would you be doing?
As a strategic sourcing leader, you would be crafting winning deals with external business partners that will supply us with the materials and services our company needs to innovate and thrive. Your everyday work would include:
- Analyzing and developing expertise in markets and industries;.
- Developing sourcing strategies that will increase our innovation pipeline, improve total cost of ownership, and influence industries to transform.
- Negotiating the right deals, with the right suppliers, for best total value.
At Procter & Gamble, we live our Purpose, Values, and Principles in everything we do. We expect you to treat our external business partners (EBPs, also known as Suppliers) honestly, ethically, and fairly. We consider our EBPs as partners in our journey to offer leading products to the world’s consumers.
As you develop within our organization, you will grow to lead different types of spend, increase your responsibilities, and own some of P&G’s most important supplier and innovation activities. You will communicate with different internal functions and external partners daily. No individual role is the same, but everything we do is predicated on our core Purchases Skills and our committed desire to raise the bar. Your goal at the end of the day will be to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with our business needs to deliver the best shareholder return for P&G.
Hiring in Purchases is normally done at the entry level, as this allows you to build a strong foundation that enables personal and professional growth in both the short- and long-term. Early in your career, your early assignments may find you:
- Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of the Sector Business Units to deliver a new product or technology to market.
- Building sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability, and efficacy of materials that support our existing product lines.
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world.
- Partnering with Marketing and Sales to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf.
- Working with internal P&G stakeholders and management of Suppliers to resolve economic and supply availability issues that affect our business plans, identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
- Advancing P&G’s Supplier Citizenship strategy through Supplier Diversity or sourcing more balanced materials as we seek to be a force for good and a force for growth in our Supply Chain
YOU ARE QUALIFIED IF:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree
- Prefer degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
JUST SO YOU KNOW:
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: