How would you like to have the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases? Procter & Gamble Purchases has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases needed to produce world class consumer products. As a Purchases Manager for P&G, you will regularly:
- analyze markets
- spot and exploit emerging trends
- uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- commercialize emerging technologies
- build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
- create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Your goal at the end of the day will be to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with needs to deliver the best shareholder return for the company.
As a new part of the Purchases team, your early assignments may find you:
- Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of our Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market, and creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of materials that support our existing product lines;
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world;
- Partnering with Marketing and Customer Business Development resources in our Market Development Organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf again and again;
- Working with internal P&G customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve economic and supply availability issues that affect our business plans, identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
Just so you know:
- Starting locations are at the Cincinnati General Offices and Business Centers
- Hiring in Purchases is normally done at the entry level.We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth.This is just as applicable for those entering with other full time experiences.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidatesfor permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: