Begin a meaningful career right here
Do you like the idea of brokering and negotiating deals to foster situations of mutual benefit for both us and our suppliers? Would you love doing this on the scale of a multi-billion dollar consumer goods company? We spend billions of dollars every year on goods and services so our company can produce the best consumer products in the world.
What would you be doing?
As a strategic sourcing leader, you would be the lead on crafting winning deals with vendors that will supply us with what the company needs. Your everyday work would include:
- Analyzing sourcing markets and developing expertise in those markets.
- Developing strategies for sourcing that would increase our innovation pipeline, driving costs down, and influencing industries to transform themselves.
- Negotiating the right deals, with the right suppliers, for the right reasons.
At Procter & Gamble, we live our Purpose, Values, and Principles in everything we do. We expect you to treat our suppliers honestly, ethically, and fairly. You should consider our suppliers as partners in your journey to offer leading consumer products to the world.
As you develop within the organization, you will grow to handle different spend areas, increase your responsibilities in terms of both expenditure and people management, and become responsible for some of P&G’s biggest and most important supplier and innovation activities. You will communicate with different internal functions daily. You will find variety and excitement every single day.
Your goal at the end of the day will be to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with needs to deliver the best shareholder return for the company.
Hiring in Purchases is normally done at the entry level. We believe that this provides the right role and opportunity for building a strong foundation for continued growth. This is just as applicable for those entering with other full time experiences.
Early on in your career, your early assignments may find you:
- Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of the Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market. Building sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of materials that support our existing product lines;
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world;
- Partnering with Marketing and Customer Business Development resources in our Market Development Organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf again and again;
- Working with internal P&G customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve economic and supply availability issues that affect our business plans, identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
You are qualified if:
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree
- Prefer degree in Business, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: