Research and Development Engineer (BS/MS)
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans.
What will I do?
Our R&D Engineers are constantly learning, growing, and improving. In this role, you would be expected to find new ways to innovate and develop within your area. We are also a highly collaborative company, so you will also need to provide technical direction to others.
We typically assess your skills and qualifications, as well as your interests, and try to find a role that works best for you.
We have a few areas of R&D where you could work:
- Product Development
- Process Development
- Material Development
- Packaging Development
- Modeling & Simulation (M&S)
- Data Science
You should work to understand the consumer and translate their needs into designs and strategies that they value. We use quantitative and qualitative modeling tools to define what the consumer needs as well as the technical requirements necessary to build something amazing. You would be responsible for the development and oversight of electrical, mechanical or chemical based product designs.
You will lead the design, development and delivery of state of the art manufacturing systems, processes and equipment. You will have responsibility for high-end computer modeling, empirical modeling, process/equipment design and start up of breakthrough manufacturing technology concepts in both experimental and commercial scale.
Start by developing 'new to the world' raw material technologies so we can meet our customer's needs with the highest quality and within the target cost. We use models to build the technical understanding needed to specify material requirements.
Packaging Development Engineers develop creative packaging that is easy to use and looks amazing. We believe in building a sustainable environment and would like your help in looking for new ways to develop responsible packaging. Engineers in this field work with 3D digital modeling, material science experts and industrial designers to design and deliver unique and superior packages.
Modeling and Simulation (M&S)
Our challenge is to model new and existing products or processes. You are needed to help us develop and apply the right mathematical models to develop innovative new products and processes. You should be able to work with a multi-functional team to define the model's requirements and then deliver the development and execution of a modeling program.
Here, we would want you to communicate complex data or algorithms into simple conclusions that will empower others to drive action based on the insights you derive. As a Data Scientist, you will transform the business to enable better decision-making through the usage of advanced analytics. You will be the primary evangelist to the business for the power of predictive analysis and develop business cases to show how we can improve our predictive capabilities.
If you want to join us, you will need:
- A BS or MS in engineering. We prefer Chemical, Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering, but we also consider other, similar engineering degrees
- A willingness to travel on the job on occasion. It really depends on your position, but we want to make sure you are ok travelling for this job.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening and
- Critical thinking, active listening and strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: