Begin a meaningful career right here
Research & Development -Material Lab Assistant
Do you have the ability to learn in a dynamic environment? If you have these qualities, then we would love for you to join our team. As a material lab assistant, your primary responsibilities will be sampling and dispensing of materials, packaging, and consumables and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records.
Our Materials Management organization is a critical group within Research & Development that ensures we have quality materials ready for use in our innovation work. This includes the entire process from buying, receiving, sampling, dispensing, distribution and disposal of raw materials, primary package and intermediate products. As a member of this organization, you will interact with cross functional partners to enable innovation. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and oral communication) across multiple interfaces. You will need to clearly articulate how plans will be executed, how generated data will be handled and analyzed, and the expected timing given multiple projects / priorities. We also feel that collaboration, executional excellence, creative and troubleshooting skills will also be advantageous in this role.
Other responsibilities include:
- End to end material management from sampling through dispensing.
- Manage Scale Calibration program and Fume Hood preventative maintenance program.
- Material Handling – Utilizes pallet jacks, lift equipment, and forklifts to move requested material containers from warehouses and rack locations to identified dispensing staging areas. Follows defined work processes and safety procedures for pulling requested materials and delivering to appropriate dispensing booths.
- Sampling - Utilize P&G systems to print copies of Safety Data Sheet and Certificate of Analysis and look-up sampling plan and print sampling labels for new receipt lots. Following Good Manufacturing & Lab Practices draw and weigh out required testing amounts and retain sampling amounts. Conducts appearance testing according to defined methods. Delivers samples to the appropriate labs for testing.
- Dispensing – Visually inspects materials and paperwork to assure staged materials are accurate and all materials have the associated Safety Data Sheet. Utilizes P&G systems to look-up material requisition to verify amount, dispense container requirements and instructions. Utilizes Safety Data Sheet to review for proper handling and procedures and material requisition to determine appropriate dispensing container and size.
- Applies P&G systems barcode and required material labels to dispensed containers according to material requisition. Delivers dispensed containers. Utilizes the correct P&G systems to track and log all dispensed material transactions and movements. Maintains and provides status updates and issues on materials completed through dispensing to leadership.
- Train and certify on all required policies, systems and equipment.
- SOP owner for relevant processes.
- Room Owner responsibilities.
- Flow to the work for any of the pilot plant activities.
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if you:
Have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Have experience in materials management and Microsoft Office.
Have the ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds unassisted and will wear personal protective equipment as required for position.
Have a mindset for completing tasks with excellence and attention to detail, while abiding to all GMP (and safety and QA) requirements.
Just so you know:
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: