Lead million-dollar sales for Billion-dollar brands
Sales- Chemicals Customer Development Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Are you a leader? How would you like to help develop the strategy and improve the business models of global companies? Do you have an ambitious spirit, a real passion for winning, and an interest in traveling? If you have proven analytical skills and are looking for a rewarding job which will allow you to grow personally and professionally, then come be a sales manager with us! We are looking for someone with the ability to help us build collaborative and mutually-beneficial relationships with others.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Sales professional P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is the key interface between the business and the sales team. The CDM works with the P&G Chemicals Sales Team and across functions to satisfy customer requirements, provide technical support, and deliver the commercial strategy. P&G Chemicals markets products such as fatty alcohol, methyl esters, fatty acids, and glycerin to a variety of industrial accounts. A CDM serves as a liaison between P&G’s internal business and its external “customers,” including Field Sales, Merchant Market, and the P&G Consumer businesses.
As a CDM, you will lead P&G Chemicals Sales in providing Superior Customer Experience and #1 Customer Service. You will drive positive customer relationships by managing customer requests for information and questionnaires, coordinating customer quality audits of P&G facilities, and preparing technical product information sheets.
To support the growth of the business, you will build a winning portfolio, deliver joint value, and extend quality coverage. In alignment with your category teams, Sales, and marketing, you will also work on Business Improvement Projects to expand efforts beyond routine ongoing field selling.
Are you a leader who's highly motivated to combine strategic and selling skills in a dynamic setting? Some CDM roles call for full Account Management responsibility across several customers. Such responsibilities include pricing recommendations and volume forecasts as well as relationship management.
- Provide support to Field Sales, Order Management, and Customers for assigned categories
- Offer Sales perspective to operations teams and serve as the commercial representative on Operation & Category Teams
- Maintain the site and SalesForce with accurate, up-to-date information
- Meet every 4-6 weeks with Sales management and Field Account Executives to ensure alignment of work with business priority both internally and externally
- Lead personal development plan, including Sales 52-week onboarding plan, training, and Sales Competencies
Desired Skill Set:
- Personal Leadership – the ability to set priorities and follow through on commitments, work effectively with diverse groups of people, and demonstrate innovation and initiative
- Accountability - CDMs are expected to establish and deliver their work plans in a global Chemicals organization where management is relatively flat and decisions are made quickly
- Project Management – ability to set objectives/success criteria, define a vision, develop action plans, delegate, and execute on tasks
- Sales Skills
- Bachelors Degree; Chemical Engineering or similar program
- Experience in Chemical industry preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel on the job and relocate throughout career
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Job Id: SLS00003671
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Pharma Channel Account Handler Belgrade, Serbia
- Sales Manager Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Sales - Associate Manager - Singapore Singapore, Singapore
- Senior Field Service Technician – Procter & Gamble Professional Sioux Falls, South Dakota