Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Communications Initiative Manager
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face. The Communications Function is a critical discipline within the P&G Brand Function that the enables the growth of our company and brands – via Impactful Communications, Connections, and Crisis Management. Together, we'll continue to create leading brand experiences and make a difference for nearly 5 billion consumers every single day.
The P&G Newsroom is a newly created, dynamic organization designed to develop and deliver critical content across a variety of internally and externally owned P&G social platforms – PG.com, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and more. We are looking for a driven, influential and critical thinker who can guide the strategic and tactical execution processes for our Newsroom team and help us deliver critical communications plans to drive bigger and better results.
The Senior Communications Initiative Manager located in our Cincinnati, OH headquarters will lead our P&G Newsroom organization and will be responsible for driving the execution of critical communications campaigns surrounding key enterprise initiatives and events. The individual in this role will lead a team of channel specialists and will serve as a liaison to key business partners across all levels of leadership.
As the Senior Communications Initiative Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Communications Project Management - Partner with project leads to develop and execute plans to drive corporate reputation across strategic areas of focus. Communicate project requirements and set project timelines to ensure that critical communications strategies are delivered on time and on budget.
- Business Partnership - Work with business partners to set up initiative metrics and critical path schedules; continuously monitor and track progress. Ensure sufficiency of plans to deliver/exceed targets. Develop gap plans as needed. Anticipate and resolve issues.
- Newsroom Leadership - Coordinate team briefings and internal reviews of content & execution plans. Develop, lead, and drive channel execution timing and schedules across a wide portfolio of communications strategies. Lead the day-to-day operations of the P&G Newsroom Team.
- Communications Capability - Build Global Communications capability on superior content & channel execution and enable the Newsroom Team to drive capability in the broader team. Bring the “outside-in” in terms of new approaches, channels, trends, tools and measurement.
You will be an excellent fit if you are:
- Passionate about leading complex and game-changing work, willing to welcome new experiences, and operate with drive and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A strong collaborator and able to navigate a highly dynamic and complex environment comprised of many different organizations and cross-functional groups.
- An expert project manager –very detailed and precise – who can influence business partners to deliver their part of the program on time and with excellence. Strong written and verbal communication is a requirement.
- An experienced communications professional with demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle issues that can affect brand reputation.
- A forward-thinking leader with strong emotional intelligence, integrative thinking and collaboration skills and can effectively juggle immediate deadlines while also developing plans for future programs.
- Passionate and creative; you have a keen understanding of advertising principles and creative project process terminology.
- 5+ years of communications project management experience in an agency, public relations, corporation, newsroom and/or similar environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience leading a team and managing direct reports.
- Ability to develop and execute effective communications strategies and plans with excellence and deliver strong results vs. goals.
- Understanding of how to measure and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of PR/Communications initiatives.
- Great understanding and experience with various social media channels and social media influencers. Experience working with news media, social influencers and ambassadors.
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: