Senior Industrial Designer-Design
Do you have a passion for innovation? As a Senior Industrial Designer, you would be responsible for creating exceptional design solutions that balance consumer needs within technical constraints and manufacturing processes through hands on work as well as leading external design firms.
All of our roles provide competitive wages as well as the opportunity to connect consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve design challenges.
If you’re a good fit, you’ll have:
- BS/BA in Industrial Design or similar discipline
- Software fluency in the latest graphics and business programs: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Strong working knowledge of relevant CAD systems (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works, or Freeform) or rendering software (e.g. KeyShot or Move)
- A portfolio that will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem solving and technical mastery.
- A case study that demonstrates design process is essential.
- Strong design mastery and ability to solve problems using design skills as shown in a competitive portfolio with 5-10 years industry experience.
If you’re a really good fit, you’ll have:
- Experience with animation tools (Flash, Premiere, Maya, etc.)
- Strong base knowledge and experience with key manufacturing processes (blow molding, injection molding, etc).
- Exceptional collaboration/interdependence skills through past examples.Ability to engage and influence across functional partners.
- The ability to understand end user and human factors, creating blue-sky concepts, challenging paradigms and driving for excellence in form, architecture, pack shape, color, material, and finish.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead multiple initiatives and manage complexity with excellence. Examples of discipline, superior time and project management skills; possess the ability to set priorities and be accountable; and successfully navigate project complexities to lead the work from conceptual start to final design delivery.
- Use of empathy and non-linear thinking: Must be able to see the consumer as a person and ideate solutions with the consumer in mind.
Prior to an interview:
Assessment: P&G uses online assessments to measure skills and abilities that generally do not emerge from interviews. These assessments are critical as they help determine if you possess the competencies needed to be successful at P&G.
PEAK Performance Assessment (Online)
Assesses your background, experiences, interests and work-related attitudes, and measures your compatibility against P&G competencies for defining successful job performance.
- Online delivery allows 24/7 access
- Take as much time as you need to complete – most applicants take about 20 minutes to complete
- Available in over 20 languages
Just so you know:
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor
- No immigration sponsorship is available for this position
- Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law
- Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: