Begin a meaningful career right here
Senior Purchasing Manager
Are you ready to create value by building relationships, thinking strategically, and operating with discipline? Are you eager to apply your years of experience to making a lasting impact on industries ranging from packaging to marketing to logistics? At Procter & Gamble, we are looking for experienced business leaders to help us transform our company through external relationships. If you answered “Yes” to these questions, P&G Purchases may be the right place for you.
As a Senior Purchasing Manager at P&G, you are our link to the world of suppliers and agencies, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers. Your purpose is to link the best external capabilities with P&G’s needs to deliver the best shareholder return.
As a professional buyer, your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to:
- analyze markets
- spot and exploit emerging trends
- uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- commercialize emerging technologies
- build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
- create and capitalize on new methodologies and strategies.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of our Organizational Units (like Business or Market) to deliver a new product, service or technology to market.
- Creating sourcing strategies that sustainably improve the value of materials and services that support our existing products and businesses both in the short and long term.
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements.
- Partnering with multi-functional organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf again and again.
- Encourage innovation from our external business partners by building a relationship with P&G and describing what P&G is looking for.
- Working with internal customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve financial or supply or quality issues that affect our business plans.
- Identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements or market trends that will affect future sourcing strategies
- Drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of upcoming initiatives and projects.
Skills You Need:
- Purchases Mastery – Demonstrated sourcing skills, particularly negotiation, commercial agreements, and relationship management skills to effectively manage executive level partnerships.
- Analytical Skills - Demonstrated ability to visualize, articulate concepts and solve problems, and make or influence decisions that make sense based on available information. Apply logical thinking to capturing and analyzing information, crafting and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
- Leadership - Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and be able to enroll others in disruptive thinking to get results. Ability to influence across functional boundaries (Brand Managers, Finance, Legal, Operations, Purchases) to develop and deliver strategy and relationship management action plans to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability to Build and Sustain Relationships - Demonstrated ability to lead high-level interactions with internal business partners, suppliers and agencies, working effectively across functions, geographies and cultures. Must be able to build relationships and influence others via excellent interpersonal skills, despite many remote relationships. You will invest significant time/effort to handle supplier relationship(s), development of supplier relationship management strateg(ies) and execution of joint business plans.
We are looking for people like you with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team. Our roles are flexible enough to provide challenges even for experienced hires and we would expect that their previous experiences will allow them to move quickly to deliver results and accept additional challenges. Are you ready to get started?
If you’re a good fit, you’ll have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar degree
- 3+ years sourcing experience in the following: sourcing strategy development, completive bidding, industry analysis, supplier analysis, negotiation, supplier management or relevant experience.
Preferred work experience or certifications:
- Experience in sourcing logistics services, media, IT, software, business services, advertising or digital agencies
- Willing to travel on the job
Just so you know:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on
Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: