Senior Purchasing Manager
Are you ready to put your years of experience to strategically partner with supplier and build relationships? At Procter & Gamble, as a Senior Purchasing Manager, you are a lifeline to the world of suppliers and agencies, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers. Your goal at the end of the day is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with needs to deliver the best shareholder return.
As a professional buyer, your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to:
• analyze markets
• spot and exploit emerging trends
• uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
• commercialize emerging technologies
• build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
• create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of our Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market.
• Creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of materials that support our existing product lines.
• Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements.
• Partnering with multi-functional organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf again and again.
• Working with internal customers and with the management of supplier companies to resolve economic and quality issues that affect our business plans, identify and interpret new and emerging customer requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of upcoming initiatives and projects.
Skills You Need:
• Purchases Mastery – Demonstrated sourcing skills, particularly negotiation, commercial agreements, and relationship management skills to effectively manage executive level partnerships.
• Analytical Skills - Demonstrated ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems and concepts, and make decisions that make sense based on available information. Apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans.
• Leadership - Ability to recognize strategic opportunities and be able to enroll others in disruptive thinking to get results. Ability to influence across functional boundaries (Brand Managers, Finance, Legal, Purchases) to develop and deliver strategy and relationship management action plans to achieve outstanding results.
• Ability to Build and Sustain Relationships - Demonstrated ability to lead high-level interactions with internal clients and agencies, working effectively across functions, geographies and cultures. Must be able to build relationships and influence others via outstanding interpersonal skills, despite many remote relationships. You will invest significant time/effort to manage supplier relationship(s), development of supplier relationship management strateg(ies) and execution of joint business plans.
We are looking for people like you with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team. Our roles are flexible enough to provide challenges even for experienced hires and we would expect that their previous experiences will allow them to move quickly to deliver results and accept additional challenges. Are you ready to get started?
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar degree
• 5+ years sourcing experience in the following: sourcing strategy development, completive bidding, industry analysis, supplier analysis, negotiation, supplier management or similar sourcing experience.
• Willing to travel on the job
Preferred work experience or certifications:
• Experience in sourcing media, IT, software, business services, advertising or digital agencies
Just so you know:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: