BEGIN A MEANINGFUL CAREER RIGHT HERE
Threat Detection Engineer - Network Security
Are you looking to take your career to the next level?
The role requires the individual to work as part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team and help in Engineering and support for network security solutions supporting Information Security across the enterprise. The engineer will own leading-edge solutions that are intended to improve the security posture of the company, and drive improvements and operational excellence in enterprise class systems across the entire company. With his/her knowledge, the engineer is required to provide thought leadership and provide sound technical mentorship on how to respond to security incidents, and improve overall network security capabilities.
- Own and operate network based, mission- critical security solutions crafted to protect the company from cyber threats and attacks, including but not limited to Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and other network based applications and capabilities.
- Lead in deploying new solutions and technologies to improve the security posture of the company. Partner with the P&G network team(s) to align common objectives and jointly deploy new improves across the network.
- Continuous fine-tuning of our security solutions to reduce the occurrence of false positive and false negative alerts
- Act as L3 engineer in analyzing and responding to security incidents from various security technologies and platforms.
- Perform platform health checks to ensure that our security solutions are operating effectively and efficiently
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce threat dwell time in our environment through automation, process simplification, among others.
- Work closely with the Penetration Test Team, Cyber Hunt Team, Threat Intel, and other internal organizations to achieve the shared vision of enhancing the company’s cyber security posture.
- Conduct incident response, identify vulnerabilities and advise on remediation steps.
- Use tools to respond to incidents, and proactively enhance the cyber security posture of the company.
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and influence others to align with policies and conform to standards.
- Develop the technical skills of the junior SOC analysts in the team to empower them to be more effective and efficient in their roles
Essential experience required:
- Advanced to expert understanding of Networks and network technology and architecture
- Experience supporting networks and network monitoring and control solutions across large enterprise environments
- Malware Analysis – ability to perform analysis to understand the properties and behaviours of a malware and propose effective countermeasures and mitigation strategies
- User behaviour Analysis – ability to piece together user activities to recognize patters of malicious behaviours
- Log Analysis and Correlation
- Network Security (IPS/IDS, proxy), Security protocols and Operating Systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
Essential skills / education required:
- Basic to advanced understanding of Cloud Security (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Ability to work with diverse groups such as the Cyber Incident Response team (CIRT), Penetration Testing team, etc. in order to mitigate a security threat
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to collaborate with key partners including Senior Management, ability to articulate security events in a concise and understandable manner.
- English proficiency and bachelor’s degree in technical/IT field
Desirable experience & certification:
- Hands on experience with leading-edge security or network solutions.
- CISSP, CCNA, OSCP Certification
Note: All Information Security roles at P&G require CISSP certification. Candidates without the relevant certification are required to pass the exam within the first 15 months of starting the role. P&G provides study preparation and exam cost coverage.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: