Distributing - Warehouse Technician
Do you thrive in a dynamic environment? Do you have a strong attention to detail? The Dayton Mixing Center is hiring Warehouse Technicians. Technician work teams are responsible for keeping production flowing, for meeting performance goals and for maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from P&G products.These technicians will report to the Warehouse Team Leader, who has responsibility for the efficient and effective movement of materials and cycle counting inventory within the Merchandising Solutions Organization site in support of the Warehouse and/or Line Operations while delivering on all aspects of the area results including safety, efficiency, quality, material accuracy and rate among others.
Technicians do various types of work, including:
- Driving a forklift
- Running manual packing lines
- Controlling the process from a computer terminal
- Performing preventive maintenance on equipment
- Executing material movements to the production lines or material storage locations
- Accurately accounting for all material transactions
- Working with warehouse and production teams to maintain cohesive, responsive, and flexible organization
- Understanding, following, and ensuring compliance with quality and site health safety & environmental requirements
- Actively driving improvements with their assigned Equipment/System ownership area
- Actively identifying and eliminating defects
You can plan to get involved, take charge of situations, confront business-related problems, and provide a positive influence to the culture of the organization by modeling P&G's Purpose, Value, and Principles
The Ideal Candidate
In order to perform the work described above in our manufacturing atmosphere, plant technicians use basic hand and power tools; lift up to 50 pounds floor to chest level; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend; and stand and walk on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
Further, technicians have and are able to display a number of workplace skills, including:
- Operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintaining accurate records and data
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Knowledge of computers
- Technical mastery and initiative/follow through, professionalism, and integrity
- Be able to handle several variables or multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong collaboration and communication, including across organizations
- Positive conflict resolution and positive response to constructive feedback
- The ability to operate with a sense of urgency and confidence (focused and motivated)
Additionally, the safety of technicians is of great importance to us. You will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, hearing protection, and eye protection, in locations where safety equipment is needed.
About the Procter & Gamble Dayton Mixing Center
Our facility is located approximately 5 miles north of Dayton, OH at exit 61 off Interstate 75, near I-70 and Route 40. It sits just southwest of the Dayton International Airport. Full benefit and compensation packages including paid holidays; paid vacation; life, medical, dental and disability insurance; 401K savings plan; company-paid profit sharing plan; and a clean, climate-controlled work environment.
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
• Able to Stand for 8 hours per day
• Read/Speak English
• Be willing to work rotating shifts (1st and 2nd) once the site is in normal production and occasional overtime
Expectations within 90 Days in Position:
• Qualified to drive a forklift
• Able to articulate site and production priorities
• Demonstrated ability to hit efficiency targets
• Articulate safety and quality requirements of the job
• 100% attendance for scheduled shifts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: