Associate Legal Counsel - UAE
For over 175 years, Procter & Gamble has created some of the world’s most successful brands, including Ariel®, Tide®, Pantene®, Pampers®, and Gillette®.
The Associate Legal Counsel will provide advice on a breadth of legal topics to the business across the geographic area of the Arabian Peninsula (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, and Yemen), supporting the Selling & Marketing Organization and especially the HR function. The role is based in P&G’s regional office in Dubai.
- General legal support across multiple legal entities in the UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Support the HR, Sales, Marketing, and Finance organizations in the respective activities.
- Drafting recommendations for clients across the business, which includes contracts, labor issues, anti-trust, pricing, promotional activities, consumer protection, and stewardship.
- Advising on corporate compliance – FCPA, local laws, and company policies.
- Advising on privacy, cybersecurity, and IT laws and policies.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of contracts, including distribution (key focus area), purchase, promotions, talent, media, IP, and agency agreements.
- Managing outside counsel on litigation; focus on brand protection, IP, customs, and labor matters.
- Manage corporate secretarial duties.
- Deliver trainings on anti-bribery, anti-trust, privacy, digital, marketing, IP, labor laws and policies across the organization and plants.
- Work on strategic projects as part a cross-functional project team.
- Keeps up to date on relevant changes in laws, with occasional external engagement.
·A qualified lawyer with 1-4 years PQE working experience
·Must be qualified as a lawyer in at least one jurisdiction
·A corporate/commercial background
·In-house corporate experience
·Fluent in English (written and spoken)
·Fluent in Arabic (written and spoken)
·The role requires occasional travel in the region.
·Required Basic Skills:
o Analytical skills
o Problem solving and solutions oriented mindset especially during issues
o Communication skills and ability to work in teams and under pressure
o Ability to manage sites remotely
Note: Experience is not required for LLM degree holders.
Get connected to all the latest from P&G. Join our Talent Community to have all the news and events you’re interested in delivered directly to your inbox, or sign up for Job Alerts to stay on top of the latest career opportunities. To make sure you don’t miss anything, you can even do both.
SIGN UP FOR: