Push the next generation of products forward
Associate Scientist Product Vigilance Manager, Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis (m/f)
Egham, United Kingdom
Are you interested in innovating and making a difference while working for a global company? As an engineer in R&D, you will be involved in all stages of the design process, from conception to presentation of the finished plans. You will constantly be learning, growing, and improving as you find new ways to innovate and develop within your area.
- Full Time
- Level: Recent Grad/Entry level
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes someone successful as an R&D team member at P&G? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Product Vigilance Manager, Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis
Are you passionate about the science behind products? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
GSSA is part of the Global Product Stewardship function within Research & Development. We are responsible for consumer safety and global compliance. We work with the Human Safety function to provide continuous safety support throughout the life of a product. Specifically, GSSA delivers post-market safety support by establishing and maintaining the global systems and work practices necessary to ensure compliance with current safety surveillance regulations. This work includes monitoring post-market safety through individual and aggregate analysis of adverse event data, signal detection and signal management practices. A Product Vigilance Manager is responsible for the safety surveillance of one or more assigned product categories.
Your normal place of work will initially be the Greater London Innovation Centre in Egham but is expected to move to the Greater London Innovation Centre in Reading.
You will need to be a highly motivated, skilled and agile individual to do this role. Your key responsibilities would include:
· Managing, monitoring and understanding in-market product safety for P&G products sold worldwide to i) ensure consumer safety and regulatory compliance, ii) enhance existing systems and improve current work processes for safety surveillance and iii) analyse health related consumer complaints for signal detection and continual product improvement.
· Being the expert within GSSA with respect to the in-market safety profile, symptom profile and special issues for your assigned product categories.
· Obtaining a good understanding of relevant regulations and ensuring that all regulatory submissions are processed in accordance with applicable regulations and requirements.
· Be the product vigilance single point of contact for other P&G functions. You will be responsible for signal detection and signal management activities associated with your assigned product categories.
· You will need to be a motivated individual with a Bachelors or Masters Degree in life sciences (ideally in a health-related subject). Experience with safety surveillance or another compliance-related role (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance) would be of use but is not essential.
· You must have excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in communicating scientific information. Experience with external communications (regulatory authorities, industry groups) would be of use but is not essential.
· You must have excellent organization skills and be thorough and detail-oriented with a real drive to be complete and accurate in your work. This is because the work you will do is critical to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
· You must have an aptitude for systems in general and experience with electronic databases, data reporting tools and statistical analysis. Experience in signal detection, data mining and epidemiology would be of use but is not essential.
· You must be able to build diverse and collaborative relationships. GSSA partners with multiple functions within P&G globally, often virtually. You must therefore have the ability to build and nurture collaborations with key P&G functions.
· You must be able to operate with both discipline and flexibility. GSSA is a dynamic and fast-moving organization and so you will need to be agile and able to focus on priorities and execute against them.
What we offer you
· Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
· Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
· Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
· Benefits. You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including pension & share schemes.
Good to know
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship or any other legally protected factor.
Location: Egham, United Kingdom
Job Id: RND00003851
Paid Time Off
Health and Wellness Programs
Stock Purchase Program
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR:
- Precision Engineer (m/f) Reading, United Kingdom
- Research and Development Engineer (BS/MS) Multiple Locations
- Associate Scientist Product Vigilance Manager, Global Safety Surveillance & Analysis (m/f) Egham, United Kingdom
- Post-Doctoral Research Scientist Cincinnati, Ohio