P&G R&D Internship Programme 2019 (m/f)
Do you want to make an impact on products that affect consumers around the world? Are you curious about the chemistry and technology behind world leading products?
What you can expect
Our internship programme runs for 10-12 weeks (1st July-8th September 2019) as well as for longer periods up to 12 months at different times of the year. All three UK Innovation Centres participate as well as our Innovation Centres in Belgium and Germany.
We offer you
• Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities from a European team that includes senior management, and experience the impact you can have in our business early on.
• Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems.
• Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a multifunctional, diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
• Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
• Team working – you will improve your team working and management skills through practical experience and interactive training courses.
• Benefits - we offer an attractive remuneration package on top of a great learning experience, and the best interns have potential to receive a Job Offer after they graduate.
Some examples of past internship projects
• Technology Development: Adsorption and desorption of perfumes into zeolite (study background: chemistry)
• Process Development: Development of a flexible hand making facility for a hygiene product (study background: chemical/mechanical engineering).
• Concept Engineering - Design and development of creative new product device (study background: Design engineering)
• Packaging & Device Development: Impact of bag design parameters on consumer acceptance (study background: chemical/mechanical engineering)
• Analytical: Chemical characterization of polymers and adhesives (study background: chemistry/analytical chemistry)
• Product Research: Investigate the properties of skin and hair. Suggest potential mechanisms and develop solutions to reduce post shave irritation.
Then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
What does it take to come up with some of the world’s most well-known brands? Well, a whole lot of science, to start. Our Researchers at P&G go to work, making and improving the products for billions of consumers who use products like Gillette, Dash and Pampers every single day. We are talking big innovations, small bets, ground breaking technology, state-of-the-art labs, micro-scale plants and a team full of inventors to make this happen.
• Students from the different scientific (natural/life/physical/data science/computer science), and engineering (chemical/mechanical/electrical/design) disciplines.
• It is preferable that
students are in their penultimate year their degree (Bachelors or Masters).
• Academic excellence at all stages through school and University education
• Good knowledge of English
• Technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and your collaboration skills.
• Final year students including Master students in science related degrees might be taken into account.
Note that we in R&D are not looking for IT students, so if passionate about an IT role please check Information Technology
Closing date: 19th November 2018.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: