Begin a meaningful career right here
Products Research Internship 2020
Are you passionate about consumer insights? Would you like to use your scientific and analytical skills to enable product designs that your consumer will love? Do you want to make an impact on products that affect consumers around the world? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you. Products Researchers work as master integrators, making non-obvious connections across consumer, technical and business realms, and translating these connections into robust product propositions and strategies. As a core discipline of R&D, PR scientists and engineers provide a unique advantage to P&G by integrating in-depth consumer understanding with product technology in a single role. We are looking for candidates who have a strong interest in consumer-led product innovation and want to be a champion for the consumer and their needs, helping to improve their daily lives. During your internship, you will play a key role in generating consumer insights and inspiring your multi-functional R&D partners: Designers, Engineers, Scientists & Technologists, to collaboratively translate those insights into irresistible product experiences that delight the consumer.
Our internship programme runs for 12 months (July-September) as well as shorter periods of time (3-6 months) at different times of the year. All three UK Innovation Centres participate - Egham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Reading.
Previous Internship Projects:
• Investigate the properties of skin and hair. Suggest potential mechanisms and develop solutions to reduce post shave irritation.
• Identify connections between razor product technology and consumer insights and translate those connections into winning product proposals. Prototype new product ideas and iteratively learn through explicit, focused learning cycles and consumer studies to create irresistible products.
• Assess and understand consumer, technology, market, online, competitive and IP landscape to influence the definition of category innovation strategies and new opportunity spaces.
• Define/develop consumer relevant technical and consumer methods to assess key product attributes and demonstrate claimable product benefits.
• Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your projects from the beginning, you will be able to have an impact on the business from the beginning, working on projects given by the European team including senior leadership
• Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems working with our advanced technologies
• Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a multifunctional, diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
• Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are
• Compensation & Benefits: you will receive a competitive internship salary as well as other benefits whilst you are with us
• Job Recommendation: successful interns will be recommended for hire for a full time role with P&G upon graduation
We are looking for:
• Students studying a BSC or MSC in scientific and engineering disciplines (preferably in their penultimate year of study)
• Academic excellence at all stages throughout school and University education with a passion for research and innovation
• Technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and your collaboration skills.
• Evidence of passion and achievements, particularly leadership, in academic and/or non- academic activities, short work experience or internships are a plus.
Good to Know:
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers
At P&G #weseeequal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unrivalled ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.
Recently Viewed Opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Join our Talent Community to receive via email information about P&G, upcoming events, and job alerts.
SIGN UP FOR: